Lidl High Protein Low Carb Rolls

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought my first ones yesterday. I had half a roll toasted with loads of butter on, bacon, egg, a sausage, mushrooms and a tomato. It was totally delicious, and after 2 hours my levels had risen by 0.3mmol/l. Half a roll was plenty. I doubt I could have managed a full roll. I am delighted, so thanks to everyone for recommending these.

Reactions: 2 people

smag3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Doctors telling me that I probably know more than them
@Gezzabelle
Daft question time..
I'm a bit naïve when it comes to freezing bread. Can you give me an idiots guide to freezing these rolls and how to defrost them.
Cheers

Jim
Slice in half and freeze in plastic bag or container. Straight into toaster when I take them out. Yumm.

learning2me

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got my meter and started testing yesterday, so will see what happens when I have half a roll today.
I'm praying that I'll be OK.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got my meter and started testing yesterday, so will see what happens when I have half a roll today.
I'm praying that I'll be OK.
Do let us know how you get on. I hope you get the same low rise that most do :)

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I will be very interested with the reply you get. Thanks for contacting them.
I managed to buy some this week. I had one yesterday with my usual breakfast of scrambled egg and mushrooms. I normally have one thin small slice of wholemeal bread 9 carbs. With the Lidl roll instead I went up 1.4 after 2 hours which I think is about usual for me. I found it a lot more filling and thought half a roll would have been enough. The calories seem high at 268 per 100g. No problem for me as I'm no longer needing to lose weight and will mean I can have things like cheese on toast now or even a salad filled roll.. So thanks for this.
One thin tiny slice of wholemeal throws my bg into a tizzy for 6 hours but these rolls hardly even register even after eating a whole one with lots of filling inside it ;) They are quite high in calories but that's great for me too....I am struggling to stop weight loss and the more calories the better for me lol. Oh and by the way...cheese on toast on them is divine....food of the gods :D and crispy bacon and avocado....**wipes drool off chin**

learning2me

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I had 1/2 a roll toasted with 3 x scrambled eggs with a spoonful of Philly. Also had a peach/
2 hours later my BG was up by .8 - is that OK?

I'm a little unsure because my readings today have been higher than yesterday when I started testing, and I've no idea why.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I had 1/2 a roll toasted with 3 x scrambled eggs with a spoonful of Philly. Also had a peach/

I'm a little unsure because my readings today have been higher than yesterday when I started testing, and I've no idea why.
point 8 is brilliant ...well done :)

learning2me

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks - glad the rolls are OK.
Still trying to work out why I'm higher today though

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a panic this week ,there were no rolls on Thursday at my usual. ,lidl so I thought I would go to another store on Saturday . No rolls ! Panic set in.!! I found an assistant who said that there should be some in about 3/4 of an hour ,so I asked if they would save me 6 ..I went back 1 hour later and there were non in the baskets Double panic!!! Mad search for assistants ,the rolls hadn't been taken out of the oven yet so I took 12 Sorry for anyone shopping in Clitheroe Lidl yesterday afternoon cos there were only 2 left the rest are in my freezer
CAROL

Reactions: 6 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a panic this week ,there were no rolls on Thursday at my usual. ,lidl so I thought I would go to another store on Saturday . No rolls ! Panic set in.!! I found an assistant who said that there should be some in about 3/4 of an hour ,so I asked if they would save me 6 ..I went back 1 hour later and there were non in the baskets Double panic!!! Mad search for assistants ,the rolls hadn't been taken out of the oven yet so I took 12 Sorry for anyone shopping in Clitheroe Lidl yesterday afternoon cos there were only 2 left the rest are in my freezer
CAROL
Lmao....your post made me laugh out loud....:D.......I hereby pronounce that you are a fully paid up member of the Lidl Roll Gang :hilarious::hilarious::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:p:p

Reactions: 4 people

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've never been part of a gang before, do we get to sport a bandana or wear a special tie or get a tattoo.

Jo123

I am desperate to join the gang, no freezer at the moment so not worth going out of my way to get just one roll, however when my new kitchen is finished I'm going to go roll hunting! I am so looking forward to a cheese and onion roll!

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am desperate to join the gang, no freezer at the moment so not worth going out of my way to get just one roll, however when my new kitchen is finished I'm going to go roll hunting! I am so looking forward to a cheese and onion roll!
I can highly recommend cheese and onion rolls....crispy bacon...egg mayo...cheese on toast....all divine :D

learning2me

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well this interesting.
Yesterday had 1/2 an HP roll with scrambled egg;
Was 7.4 before
2 hours after 8.2

Today I had 1 slice of Burgen Soya and Linseed with scrambled egg
Was 7.4 before
2 hours after 6.4

I seem to tolerate Burgen better than Lidl HP!

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well this interesting.
Yesterday had 1/2 an HP roll with scrambled egg;
Was 7.4 before
2 hours after 8.2

Today I had 1 slice of Burgen Soya and Linseed with scrambled egg
Was 7.4 before
2 hours after 6.4

I seem to tolerate Burgen better than Lidl HP!
One set of figures on each is not really a test....you need to test several times as many other factors come into play to affect readings. Burgen sends my numbers up by 3 or 4...whereas rolls barely register. At first I had varying readings but now they are stable whereas Burgen still spikes me. The rise you had off the roll and eggs was still very low....you started with a high number remember. Up to you which you choose to eat of course :)

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese

This could be down to the peach, very high fruit

Reactions: 4 people