Lidl High Protein Low Carb Rolls

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep. Joined the club. Went in to get some polish smoked sausage but they were out of them so decided to try the rolls. No spike so just got to decide on the toppings now. Am thinking toasted and made into crackers for a cheese board and glass of wine.

Well that's tomorrow's breakfast sorted then.

Reactions: 6 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Yep. Joined the club. Went in to get some polish smoked sausage but they were out of them so decided to try the rolls. No spike so just got to decide on the toppings now. Am thinking toasted and made into crackers for a cheese board and glass of wine.

Well that's tomorrow's breakfast sorted then.

:rolleyes: Step away from the wine for breakfast ! :rolleyes: :D:D

Reactions: 6 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Certainly is. We called in yesterday and got six. My wife and I have taken to sharing one as they are quite big.
Omg.....I don't share hahaha.....I have been known to have half of one though :D Picked 8 up this morning :)

Reactions: 2 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to have 2slices of Burgen with cheese for breakfast but now 1/2 a protein roll with cheese and Marmite is just as filling and tastier I bought 6 yesterday some to freeze so that if my normal store runs out I will have a back up for a couple of days
CAROL

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to have 2slices of Burgen with cheese for breakfast but now 1/2 a protein roll with cheese and Marmite is just as filling and tastier I bought 6 yesterday some to freeze so that if my normal store runs out I will have a back up for a couple of days
CAROL
I tried Burgen bread and my bg went up a lot...wasn't worth the substantial rise for just one slice of toast. Thank goodness for these rolls....I can have a whole one or half and no spike of any kind :D Just had half of one with Boursin Garlic and herb cheese and some sliced tomato for lunch....delicious and full enough to last till dinner time :D Got 9 rolls in the freezer ...just in case ;)

Reactions: 4 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I've just brought home 6 of these delicious rolls and frozen them for use in 'emergencies' ! :joyful:

Reactions: 8 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just brought home 6 of these delicious rolls and frozen them for use in 'emergencies' ! :joyful:
I just had one of those emergencies.....needed one to mop my plate with after a delicious fry up.....sorry troops....it had to be done :p:rolleyes:

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't want to put a dampner on the Lidl High Protein Roll Celebrations but ...

They have a high soya content - not good for the hormones, especially with regard to estrogen! :(

I do have to admit they are rather tasty though - so one, every so often (not too often mind) will be OK I guess?
Have seen various reports on the effects of soya as I have with a lot of other things and the results vary dramatically. The way I look at it is if it causes me any problem I don't use it. I don't think a roll a day (or less) would be considered excessive but I will certainly bear it in mind and keep an eye open for any unwelcome effects. I'm going to look into it further to see what I can find out :) I know soya is highly recommended for menopausal women so obviously it has some possible effects but as I said, I don't think one roll a day or less is excessive.......Off to do some googling ;)

Reactions: 3 people

yvonne49

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Glucose spikes
Tried these rolls about 2 weeks ago and I spiked to 9 one night and in the 10's the next.
So I gave them one more try tonight with egg mayo and I only got to 6.5. :)
Happy about that because they are delicious!

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried these rolls about 2 weeks ago and I spiked to 9 one night and in the 10's the next.
So I gave them one more try tonight with egg mayo and I only got to 6.5. :)
Happy about that because they are delicious!
Yayyy another success story.....:) I get less reaction with every one I have...hardly registers now at all :)

yvonne49

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Glucose spikes
Yeah it's fantastic I'm glad I tried again :)
Roll on breakfast tomorrow........ Bacon roll yummy

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are lucky being able to get them/ Went to my local Lidl today have never seen them there so asked if they did or were going to do them they said they don't do them and have not heard of them so they said they must only be done in selected stores, Will go to another one tomorrow a bit further away and see if they do them

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are lucky being able to get them/ Went to my local Lidl today have never seen them there so asked if they did or were going to do them they said they don't do them and have not heard of them so they said they must only be done in selected stores, Will go to another one tomorrow a bit further away and see if they do them
Perhaps if you email them they might stock them in your store?....they are so popular where they are stocked so it would make sense to roll them out at all stores.... they are quite new and not even listed on their site so it isn't easy to understand how some can get them and not others

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Perhaps those of us who find them easy to get could mail them to those who can't. I could have bought at least 2 dozen today but restricted myself to 6 - I only eat 1/2 one at a time (and not every day).

SandyDee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I emailed Lidl about these asking which stores they were available in and they have said they are no longer producing them at the moment but hope to do so again in the future.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I emailed Lidl about these asking which stores they were available in and they have said they are no longer producing them at the moment but hope to do so again in the future.
Most strange as so many of us are buying them....I hope they don't stop making them,.....I'd be lost without them now

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A planned event is NOT an emergency!!!!!! :p