Lidl Low GI Rolls

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone know where in London Lidl sell these high protein rolls? I tried my local one with no luck today.

I think I have seen them in the Streatham one.. they are in the fresh baked section not in packaging but loose. If it has an instore bakery you should be ok just ask at the counter.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This was the response I got from Lidl's customer services. The dream is over.

Re: Availability of High Protein Roll

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the above item.

Unfortunately this item is not available in our stores at the moment and I am unable to provide a specific date for its return. I am hopeful that this will be available in the future. In the meantime, I have passed your interest in this item to our Buying Department for their information.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

That is more or less the same as an email I had from them about a year ago when there was a scare about them being withdrawn. They weren't withdrawn. What happened was Lidl changed the size of them and gave the new size a new reference number. We all breathed a sigh of relief but had to put up with smaller rolls. :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Oddly enough, it will be my non-Diabetic husband who will be most devastated if they do disappear. He takes one to work every day for his packed lunch and loves them - and, of course, he gets a choice of ALL the different breads. Lucky thing (bread used to be my biggest carb fest)

Reactions: Bluetit1802

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
My local Lidl sell an absolutely gorgeous low GI loaf.
Again, freshly baked, a very dark rye like loaf, to completely die for.

Moosepig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes, people who think they know everything!
our nearest Lidl is a bit of a drive away so we buy at least a dozen of the high protein rolls at a time and freeze them - they taste fine once thawed out.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My local Lidl sell an absolutely gorgeous low GI loaf.
Again, freshly baked, a very dark rye like loaf, to completely die for.

And I probably would die if I ate too many. 20g carbs per 100g.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
And I probably would die if I ate too many. 20g carbs per 100g.

Ah well, guess you'll have to ignore this thread then, and leave the yummy low GI stuff for the rest of us that can really enjoy it.
You have my sympathy.

Beagler

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Winterwatch, some stores must dream more than others...was in our local Big City (Ipswich) today so popped into Lidl, and there were "High Protein Rolls" so bought some. Weigh in at 100g each, so will all be cut in half, 5gc is quite enought to try to fit into 20g of carbs a day, along with one square of dark choccie and half an ounce of nuts...got to have SOME treats!

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Hi Winterwatch, some stores must dream more than others...was in our local Big City (Ipswich) today so popped into Lidl, and there were "High Protein Rolls" so bought some. Weigh in at 100g each, so will all be cut in half, 5gc is quite enought to try to fit into 20g of carbs a day, along with one square of dark choccie and half an ounce of nuts...got to have SOME treats!

I find them very filling and only have half at a time. Going south for a few days, will have to take a supply with me!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
They are on sale here (nr Doncaster) but still at 29p - no special offer. :( I bought a carrier bag full today and took them with me as a sort of 'show and tell' thing to my annual diabetes review. The DN had heard of them before but was surprised at how much like real bread they look and as they were still warm they smelled nice too.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Winterwatch

Type of diabetes
Type 1

I grew up in Suffolk. Seems I should never have left.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Visiting Northern Ireland at the moment and they don't seem to stock the protein rolls. Came here to check on the low GI rolls.

Quite a few other things I'm used to seeing aren't there either. Different demographic probably.

None of the supermarkets so far have butter with sea salt crystals. I know; first world problem.
A lot of Irish products especially dairy.

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Good afternoon I eat 4 Lidl's rolls ner day spread over 12 hours it also contains Turmeric (Curcuma longa) might well be the healthiest spice on Earth. Here's a rundown of the health benefits of turmeric root powder..:)

95g
View attachment 22250
Is that the usual shape you buy? The ones we get are a sort of rounded triangle?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I called in at a Lidl I do not usually visit on the way home from dance practice and found some protein rolls, took the lot and overheard the bakery operative being given an earwigging for running out after being told that he'd not made enough to cover the demand.
My local, more residential area Lidl usually runs out before lunch and no more are made, so I was surprised to see them there so late, but there are quite a few factories in the area around the larger store and I suspect that a lot of people call in after work for supplies for their evening meal and next day lunch.

zbluebirdz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anybody here living in Northern Ireland? If yes, does Lidl stock these rolls?

andi2508

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm in Belfast, none in the Shore Road Lidl, anyone know if any other stores stock them?