LIdl Rolls

membrew

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
lies
I have been to a Lidl Store in North Yorkshire for some rolls advertised on these pages at 29p. I was informed they are no longer available.
Any recomendations for another type/make please?

Last edited:
Reactions: Freema

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi lo bread ( Ocado & sainsburys)
Livlife bread (waitrose)
Josephs pitta breads / wraps / lavish bread ( amazon / low carb megastore among others)
All 5g carbs or less
My favourites are the hi lo bread and Josephs Pittas and lavish breads

Reactions: Freema and richf

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
hi

have a look at vogel, its higher in protein

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I have been to a North Yorkshire Store for some rolls advertised on these pages at 29p. I was informed they are no longer available.
Any recomendations for another type/make please?

Email Lidl and ask where your nearest store is that sells them. Also mention that you want them to help with your Diabetes.

As far as I know they are still available in most places. We keep hearing stories that they are going to stop supplying them but they are still in the Lidl shops round here.

Reactions: DJC3 and Freema

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Email Lidl and ask where your nearest store is that sells them. Also mention that you want them to help with your Diabetes.

As far as I know they are still available in most places. We keep hearing stories that they are going to stop supplying them but they are still in the Lidl shops round here.

Agreed.

There were none in my Lidl today and I am distraught because I only have 1 left in the freezer. I have emailed them but expect the same standard reply we all got last time ... and the time before that. I laid it on thick about the very low carb/diabetes thing. Hopefully it is just a blip, like it was the other times it happened, when it seems all they did was reduce/increase the size, but it did take a week or so for them to return to the shops.

membrew

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
lies
Agreed.

There were none in my Lidl today and I am distraught because I only have 1 left in the freezer. I have emailed them but expect the same standard reply we all got last time ... and the time before that. I laid it on thick about the very low carb/diabetes thing. Hopefully it is just a blip, like it was the other times it happened, when it seems all they did was reduce/increase the size, but it did take a week or so for them to return to the shops.

Hello All, thank you for your quick answers to my problem. I have not used the rolls before and thought I would make the longer journey to the nearest Lidl Store to purchase the correct supply. I will take your advice and contact Lidl direct to enquire about them. Would you mind letting me know the correct name for them so that I can enquire about the correct item please?
I am struggling with my weight and trying to reduce my blood readings.
Next on the list is to look for a good low carb cook book.

This is a truly valuable site.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Would you mind letting me know the correct name for them so that I can enquire about the correct item please?

They are simply High Protein Rolls. I used the contact form on the Lidl website this time, although previously I went via Facebook.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello All, thank you for your quick answers to my problem. I have not used the rolls before and thought I would make the longer journey to the nearest Lidl Store to purchase the correct supply. I will take your advice and contact Lidl direct to enquire about them. Would you mind letting me know the correct name for them so that I can enquire about the correct item please?
I am struggling with my weight and trying to reduce my blood readings.
Next on the list is to look for a good low carb cook book.

This is a truly valuable site.
There are 2 types (no idea what the difference is)
124342 High Protein Roll
79358 High Protein Roll

Nutrition info for both is the same

Ingredients

Water, 17 % Linseed, Wheat Protein, Soy Flour, Whole Wheat Flour , 4 % Sesame, Soybean Meal, 3 % Sunflower seeds, Wheat Bran, Yeast , Oat Fiber, Salt, Coloring Spice Extracts (Curcuma), Thickener: Guar Gum.

Nutritional Information

Typical Values per 100g

Energy 289kcal/1203kJ

Fat 13.8g

Of which saturates 1.8g

Carbohydrate 9.8g

Of which sugars 1.2g

Fibre 12.3g

Protein 25.0g

Salt 1.03g

Reactions: Mario5y7

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are these still current? Each time they have "disappeared" they return with a different code number.
Ah good point .. that is from the Lidl bakery doc I got about a year ago so maybe not. They are usually quite good about answering e-mails though so maybe someone can update if they are the wrong number.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They haven't been discontinued, I asked in my local store as I stocked up earlier.
Thank goodness for that. Quickly read @membrew's first post and went into panic mode! Called in to my local Lidls on Sunday and there were about 10 left. I did leave one. Talking of panic, went into Asda this afternoon for some Oppo and the check-out lady said people were panic-buying again because "it's coming back". What is? "The bad weather. Something's coming". Eh?? Absolutely no sign of anything in the forecast. But, just in case, I had better get to Lidls then......;)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Aye, I have seen reports that the recent weather interupted distribution in some parts of the country which included breads, milk and fresh vegetables.

Burgen from Sainsburys and Morrisons is another option.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank goodness for that. Quickly read @membrew's first post and went into panic mode! Called in to my local Lidls on Sunday and there were about 10 left. I did leave one. Talking of panic, went into Asda this afternoon for some Oppo and the check-out lady said people were panic-buying again because "it's coming back". What is? "The bad weather. Something's coming". Eh?? Absolutely no sign of anything in the forecast. But, just in case, I had better get to Lidls then......;)

I just returned to the store to speak to the manager after this mornings visit..

He told me they have been discontinued by Lidl, at least for the time being. The store is unable to order any as it is blanked out on the screen.

I imagine the stores with some in stock will bot have any once current stock has gone.

I then had to nip to Sainsburys for a Burgen loaf. They don't do the Hi-Lo at my Sainsburys. I've never tried Burgen before. 11.8g carbs per slice.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just returned to the store to speak to the manager after this mornings visit..

He told me they have been discontinued by Lidl, at least for the time being. The store is unable to order any as it is blanked out on the screen.

I imagine the stores with some in stock will bot have any once current stock has gone.

I then had to nip to Sainsburys for a Burgen loaf. They don't do the Hi-Lo at my Sainsburys. I've never tried Burgen before. 11.8g carbs per slice.
It's just bizarre. Twice now I've been to the local store and they didn't have any. The first time I emailed a complaint and seemed to get a stock reply which didn't say anything. Luckily, they had them in other stores.

richf

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
rainy days
I will try my local store tomorrow. I will see what the managements comments are and post back. Thought it a bit strange this morning when I visited as they only had 2 quite sad looking rolls.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve just sent an enquiry to customer services. It will be the weekend before I can get to my local store.

Reactions: dbr10

lindisfel

Expert
There are 2 types (no idea what the difference is)
124342 High Protein Roll
79358 High Protein Roll

Nutrition info for both is the same

Ingredients

Water, 17 % Linseed, Wheat Protein, Soy Flour, Whole Wheat Flour , 4 % Sesame, Soybean Meal, 3 % Sunflower seeds, Wheat Bran, Yeast , Oat Fiber, Salt, Coloring Spice Extracts (Curcuma), Thickener: Guar Gum.

Nutritional Information

Typical Values per 100g

Energy 289kcal/1203kJ

Fat 13.8g

Of which saturates 1.8g

Carbohydrate 9.8g

Of which sugars 1.2g

Fibre 12.3g

Protein 25.0g

Salt 1.03g
I'm a bit mystified, just wondering what makes up the hidden contents of the roll because it doesn't add up?
Are they a little bit like the Universe, with all that dark energy and dark matter?
Would like to try making them into a bread in our bread maker that I only use for my wife's bread nowadays!
:) Derek

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a bit mystified, just wondering what makes up the hidden contents of the roll because it doesn't add up?
Are they little bit like the Universe, with all that dark energy and dark matter?
Would like to try making them into a bread in our bread maker that I only use for my wife's bread nowadays!
:) Derek

I don't care. I just want them back! ;)

Reactions: dbr10