LIdl Rolls

Madmaureen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
They can't do this. 1 roll + filling is my everyday lunch. I even take them abroad with me in case I can't find suitable food to eat. There were none in my Lidl today. BTW last time I was in Morrison's there was a low carb sliced loaf which is going to have to substitute methinks. It was a small loaf - can't remember the brand - maybe morrisons's own or Hovis?
Love that bread small loaf low carb so fresh day after day

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to Lidl this morning, no sign of HP Rolls or a basket for them. It's a fairly small store and they don't seem to have a manager or anyone knowledgeable to ask. Good news is they have their own brand Nespresso pods back in stock, they now have a much smaller box, same number of pods but no individual wrapping.

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Plenty of rolls here in Bedfordshire, although they were definetely the smallest I have seen them. The guy in the section was not aware of any shortages. I wonder if Lidl stocks by area.
PS their posh bacon was delicious in a Lidl roll - none of that sloppy, liquid stuff when it was cooked..

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to Lidl this morning, no sign of HP Rolls or a basket for them. It's a fairly small store and they don't seem to have a manager or anyone knowledgeable to ask. Good news is they have their own brand Nespresso pods back in stock, they now have a much smaller box, same number of pods but no individual wrapping.
I’ve discovered Aldi’s version of the nespresso pods - I buy the decaff lungo ones and I’m addicted to them prefer to nespresso ones. I drink full strength coffee in a thermal walled cafetière during morning as cheapest way of drinking lots of coffee! but then switch to these later and are at least half the price of nesspresso ones.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Same reply as everyone else, except the Customer Service name is different from other replies. I'm just hoping the flurry of e-mails will do something. That small low-carb loaf is Hovis, @Madmaureen - it looks nice but one slice (depending on which type) is 9-11g carbs. About the same as the Lidl roll, but a heck of a lot less satisfying in terms of filling you up. Mind you, that was just about the only bread left in Morrisons - what on earth is wrong with this country?!

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
what on earth is wrong with this country?!
I think it is because people just love bread and find it the hardest thing to give up. I was never a big bread eater before diabetes but now whenever I see the newly baked bread in small bakers I just want to rush in the shop and buy some it looks so good...I don't though

Reactions: Diane60

Lally123

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Loads in my Lidl today the basket was full. Unlike the jam doughnuts which were nearly all gone! Personally I don't like the protein rolls but I do buy their small wholemeal multiseed bread for myself which is lowish carb (11g slice) without the hefty price tag that gets attached to low carb foods. Its filling and tasty and a small sandwich keeps me full all day. Might be worth considering for some people if you can't get the rolls?

Reactions: dbr10

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Loads in my Lidl today the basket was full. Unlike the jam doughnuts which were nearly all gone! Personally I don't like the protein rolls but I do buy their small wholemeal multiseed bread for myself which is lowish carb (11g slice) without the hefty price tag that gets attached to low carb foods. Its filling and tasty and a small sandwich keeps me full all day. Might be worth considering for some people if you can't get the rolls?
Any chance of loading up a van for the rest of us?

Perthperth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to say got reply. Standard auto reply
Dear Ms Perth

Re: Availability of High Protein Roll

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the above item.

This item is not available in our stores at the moment and I am unable to provide a specific date for its return. I am hopeful that this will be available in the future. In the meantime, I have passed your interest in this item to our Buying Department for their information.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Melissa Dickson
Customer Service

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it is because people just love bread and find it the hardest thing to give up. I was never a big bread eater before diabetes but now whenever I see the newly baked bread in small bakers I just want to rush in the shop and buy some it looks so good...I don't though
There's an artisan baker in a neighbouring town @Pinkorchid. The smell as you pass and the display in the window is torture! I love proper bread but like you I resist. I was astonished to see the empty bread shelves in Morrisons - it's a hangover from Snowmageddon and the fact that people are still panic buying, according to the check-out lady (same in Asda). People are daft!

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
All very strange.
A new Lidl has just opened up near us and we have had a Lidl a bit closer for years.
Both are still stocking the protein rolls with plenty available on the shelves.
Perhaps they go by turnover and only supply the stores which have a demand?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All very strange.
A new Lidl has just opened up near us and we have had a Lidl a bit closer for years.
Both are still stocking the protein rolls with plenty available on the shelves.
Perhaps they go by turnover and only supply the stores which have a demand?

No, they will just be from existing stock of dough in their freezers. I never mentioned where I lived when I wrote to them, and all the replies to everyone that wrote have come from Lidl Customer Services. I have asked at my Lidl and been told they are best sellers.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Must go out and stock up then.

I usually keep 8-10 in the freezer but there is space for more!

Reactions: dbr10

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’ve been out and have got some very mixed messages. I have three branches within two miles. The managers of two have told me they have been discontinued and that they have removed the shelf edge labels. Manager of the third one told me they were expecting a delivery on Monday, they’d just sold out today. Maybe some branches will still have them?

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve been out and have got some very mixed messages. I have three branches within two miles. The managers of two have told me they have been discontinued and that they have removed the shelf edge labels. Manager of the third one told me they were expecting a delivery on Monday, they’d just sold out today. Maybe some branches will still have them?
It's a complete shambles. I'm now an ex-Lidl shopper.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’ll still shop there, I like their food better than Asda, which is my only alternative alert from the overpriced Co-Op. But it’s seriously exasperating!

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had that message. Local manager told me they were expecting delivery of the HP rolls today but when I went in today he told me they had been widespread discontinued. Still in shock!

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There's an artisan baker in a neighbouring town @Pinkorchid. The smell as you pass and the display in the window is torture! I love proper bread but like you I resist. I was astonished to see the empty bread shelves in Morrisons - it's a hangover from Snowmageddon and the fact that people are still panic buying, according to the check-out lady (same in Asda). People are daft!
My favourite gadget is my soup maker so I make a lot and sometimes when I am eating it I think how lovely it would be to have some fresh crusty bread with it they just go together

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Would like to try making them into a bread in our bread maker that I only use for my wife's bread nowadays!
:) Derek
Try searching the forum , I seem to remeber vaguely that someone did actually post a recipe for making them?

Robbity