lids high protein rolls

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Sent husband shopping to lidl for high protein rolls this afternoon. Hope he came back with the right ones, as they were in a paper bag from the in-house bakery. Are they triangular and full of seeds? I hope they are right as I'm tucking into one with butter and 2 thin slices of brie, and they are very tasty! Reading before 6.8 will check again at 8.30pm

Does anyone know the carb, fat etc content?

Thanks

If this is in the wrong bit can a clever person move it please :)

Also can't change title to Lidl, didn't notice predictive text changed to lids!

Reactions: 4 people

JaneKennedy

Hi Berylc yes they are the right onesI think they are around 10-11 grand carb, I love them too xxx enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This came from a Lidl manager on Facebook.
Ingredients:
Water, Linseeds, Wheat Protein, Soya Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Sesame, Soybean Meal, Sunflower Seeds, Wheat Bran, Oat Fiber, Yeast, Salt, Colouring Spice Extracts (Curcuma).
Each roll is 112g
Nutritional Information:
Typical Values per 100g:
Energy 1194kJ/268kcal
Fat 13.4g
Of which saturates 0.4g
Carbohydrate 8.5g
Of which sugars 0.5g
Fibre 12.4g
Protein 26.7g
Salt 0.99g
Allergens:
For allergens see ingredients in bold.
May contain traces of milk and egg.

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love the Lidl protein rolls - massively filling and low enough carb to not adversely affect my blood sugar.
They're also delicious :)

Reactions: 2 people

Mickyb0703

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Love them as well but need to get to my local store early as they sell out very quickly

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Jasperville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had one for lunch, loaded with butter, cheese and mayo. About 11 grams of carbs, but I have found they send my BG up by about 1.5 on average, which is even less than I would expect.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Are they triangular and full of seeds?

Yep. Those are the ones. I always have a couple in the freezer. Pic for anyone who hasn't seen them yet and is thinking of going to LIDL to buy some:

LIDL rolls.jpg

They are 29p each now.

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I buy them 10 at a time, slice each one in half and freeze them. When I start to get low I start to panic in case Lidl has suddenly stopped making them! What a disaster that would be. :arghh:

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Yes they are great, not bad on my BG levels, only problem Lidl is not close to me and I was running out when I went to buy more there were none left - no idea when I will get there again so just have to remember them when I do get to one - frustrating to say the least as makes an easy lunch for work. Will just stick with the salad or the Greek yogurt until then.

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Yes they are great, not bad on my BG levels, only problem Lidl is not close to me and I was running out when I went to buy more there were none left - no idea when I will get there again so just have to remember them when I do get to one - frustrating to say the least as makes an easy lunch for work. Will just stick with the salad or the Greek yogurt until then.
When they have none left,

I've found my local lidl are very accommodating, they will either put a batch on to bake which takes +20mins or sell me them unbaked.

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
I had one for the first time yesterday - cut in half and toasted with cheese

Really filled me up and it was so tasty - i have another 2 in the freezer

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I went to lidl this morning and bought some. Tried it this afternoon and now just waiting to see what my 2hr bloods read like.... I've seen so many people posting about these that I wanted to try them..... Mmmm nobody mentioned that they taste like the burden soya and linseed bread........