Life changing and life saving, quite literally!

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some of you may have seen some of my posts over the past few months. For those those aren't familiar with our story and want to know the background, please take a look at previous posts. It is fair to say that my husband has had a very rocky road over the past few months. He has anxiety issues, which is why I post on here and not him.

Today was his diabetes review, just over 5 months after initial diagnosis. In early June his HBA1c was 122, late July 81 and today 41!! We are absolutely over the moon! In addition to this, he has been responding exceptionally well to treatment for the diabetic macular oedema which terrifyingly struck shortly after diagnosis. He has also lost a whopping 20kg since diagnosis (I've also lost a similar amount!) and now a healthy BMI for the first time in his adult life. I feel like I want to shout from the rooftops what a powerful tool LCHF is! The DN was blown away!

The support and advice on here has been phenomenal from the start. We could not have done this without you all. This forum is quite literally life changing and life saving. We had some very dark times early on in this journey, but the support on here kept me going. Thank you so much from both of us!

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
You and your hubby did all the leg work, you researched and set to doing an amazing job! Well done to you both.

DaveXF

Some of you may have seen some of my posts over the past few months. For those those aren't familiar with our story and want to know the background, please take a look at some of my posts. It is fair to say that my husband has had a very rocky road over the past few months. He has anxiety issues, which is why I post on here and not him.

Today was his diabetes review, just over 5 months after initial diagnosis. In early June his HBA1c was 122, late July 81 and today 41!! We are absolutely over the moon! In addition to this, he has been responding exceptionally well to treatment for the diabetic macular oedema which terrifyingly struck shortly after diagnosis. He has also lost a whopping 20kg since diagnosis (I've also lost a similar amount!) and now a healthy BMI for the first time in his adult life. I feel like I want to shout from the rooftops what a powerful tool LCHF is! The DN was blown away!

The support and advice on here has been phenomenal from the start. We could not have done this without you all. This forum is quite literally life changing and life saving. We had some very dark times early on in this journey, but the support on here kept me going. Thank you so much from both of us!
You know...great posts like this ( yours not mine) are so encouraging and heartwarming.
Fair play!!

Reactions: snidge

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some of you may have seen some of my posts over the past few months. For those those aren't familiar with our story and want to know the background, please take a look at previous posts. It is fair to say that my husband has had a very rocky road over the past few months. He has anxiety issues, which is why I post on here and not him.

BibaBee - You and your husband have had very rough ride with his T2 and associated hurdles. You should both be very proud of how you have managed to reach a better place in such a short time.

I'm really pleased you've both had positive impacts from your refreshed way of eating, as that'll all help maintaining things, over the longer term.

In almost every context, I bet your DN (and likely loads of others too) can't believe her eyes and ears when reviewing your progress.

Don't be a stranger. We all have the odd bump in the road along the way, but it strikes me you guys are far better equipped to deal with them these days.

A huge, HUGE well done from me!

Reactions: CranberryIce

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BibaBee - You and your husband have had very rough ride with his T2 and associated hurdles. You should both be very proud of how you have managed to reach a better place in such a short time.

I'm really pleased you've both had positive impacts from your refreshed way of eating, as that'll all help maintaining things, over the longer term.

In almost every context, I bet your DN (and likely loads of others too) can't believe her eyes and ears when reviewing your progress.

Don't be a stranger. We all have the odd bump in the road along the way, but it strikes me you guys are far better equipped to deal with them these days.

A huge, HUGE well done from me!

Thank you so much. We are in no way complacent and grateful to have come so far. We are definitely stronger than we were and more so for the great support on here!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely news @BibaBee. This forum is essential for us diabetics and LCHF is transformational. All the best to you and your husband

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done both of you! Keep up the good work!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I remember your early posts and all your husbands additional health worries, you were so desperate to help him. What wonderful results for both of you, well done for not giving up or giving in, you have both done fantastically well.
No doubt there will be days when you have wobbles, we all do, we are human after all, but we can have a wobble, wait for stability and then start again. At the time of diagnosis, for many of us it seemed like the end of the world, now we know it was the beginning of a new one, one in which we could improve our situation, health and more importantly our futures, I’m so pleased for you, keep up the good work x

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What an amazing result in HbA1c! In just 5 months. Incredible. Your husband has obviously been extremely focused. And you also. Supporting him every step of the journey. What a team you make. Your total weight loss is incredible in such a short space of time too. You are both inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: ziggy_w

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I remember your early posts and all your husbands additional health worries, you were so desperate to help him. What wonderful results for both of you, well done for not giving up or giving in, you have both done fantastically well.
No doubt there will be days when you have wobbles, we all do, we are human after all, but we can have a wobble, wait for stability and then start again. At the time of diagnosis, for many of us it seemed like the end of the world, now we know it was the beginning of a new one, one in which we could improve our situation, health and more importantly our futures, I’m so pleased for you, keep up the good work x
Our lives have definitely changed for the better @jayney27. And we also get to have the fun of buying an entirely new wardrobe! We wouldn't go back to our old life and bad habits now.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What an amazing result in HbA1c! In just 5 months. Incredible. Your husband has obviously been extremely focused. And you also. Supporting him every step of the journey. What a team you make. Your total weight loss is incredible in such a short space of time too. You are both inspirational. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! The DN told him that he should be an inspiration to others too!

Reactions: Debandez

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@BibaBee
Amazing results!.. well done to both of you for trying something off the back of a few crazies on the internet!
We knew it would work but it still takes a lot of determination. You are both a credit to yourselves.

Reactions: BibaBee