List of questions to ask a Consultant

vespa

Hi I am going to meet my Consultant on Monday as I have stopped injecting Insulin 3 months now and 3 months prior to that I was doing morning only and no evening injection. gradually reducing unit from twice a day to once a day eventually to nothing, through all that my blood sugar figures have been fine.

Background.
New Years Eve, I was originally taken in with DKA after a bad bout of cold with OD of sugar intakes to combat which I think I have over done, Lemsip with honey, crushed citrus fruit with honey and sugar, Lucozade and Iso drinks, mega doses of Vit C pills, so I do think I have over done it. I was then diagnosed Type 1, since then I have changed my lifestyle , lost a great deal of weight, put on twice daily Novomix with Metforimin, I have gradually reduced my dose to find my level as I was dipping too low, eventually I stopped any Insulin and now just on Metformin.

I could be Type 2 instead of 1.

I wonder if anyone was in a similar situation and perhaps give me some ideas and advice, I would like to aks the right questions and to know that I would need advance knowledge and this is where the combined power of this forum comes in. :wave: :D

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
A lot of people's stories are the complete opposite. Usually diagnosed T2 initially, later down the line finding out they were T1 or LADA. How were you initially diagnosed T1 ? Were there any tests done or was it just because of your signs/symptoms ? Good to read you've turned things around. Good luck.
Mo

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

vespa

Hi Mo I think it was signs and symptoms they were working off, They did draw some blood off me when I was initially admitted, they didn't tell me the result of that one, the unusual thing is I am 45 so over the usual threshold for type 1.

I suppose I am the odd one going in the opposite direction