Looking for friends

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
I'm a 26 year old female, been diabetic now for 18 years.
I'm looking for friends who with I could talk to and joke about diabetes and insulin.
I like to draw and read boks, I do boxin and work as a frontend-developer

Tell something about yourself

What do you do (profession)?

What are your hobbies?

Do you have pets?

What is your favourite book?

What do you value most in a friendship?

Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?

maria200

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not really
Hi,I was looking for friends and I typed friends in search box and I came up with your name, well it was only your name so any way I just got my glucose measured with my private meter and again it was in the 200 zone bad but not as bad as before I also take insulin injections in the stomach, it looks painful if you read the booklet my doctor gave me about insulin and injections , neck shoulders thighs, really gross. I started my injection in February this year when I felt sick fainted and to make me well I was injected with insulin in the morning, two injections before lunch, one before dinner , two at twelve night and again in the morning , it was in the 400 zone very high and fever no doctor in the hospital knew why, or they explained it but I was this out of it from fever not sure I wish this never happens to no one well I hope I get a reply from you, I'm a she in my 50s I can't think of anything else to say

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi,I was looking for friends and I typed friends in search box and I came up with your name, well it was only your name so any way I just got my glucose measured with my private meter and again it was in the 200 zone bad but not as bad as before I also take insulin injections in the stomach, it looks painful if you read the booklet my doctor gave me about insulin and injections , neck shoulders thighs, really gross. I started my injection in February this year when I felt sick fainted and to make me well I was injected with insulin in the morning, two injections before lunch, one before dinner , two at twelve night and again in the morning , it was in the 400 zone very high and fever no doctor in the hospital knew why, or they explained it but I was this out of it from fever not sure I wish this never happens to no one well I hope I get a reply from you, I'm a she in my 50s I can't think of anything else to say

I'm sorry you have gone through with this. It sounds terrible. It is really strange that injections in the stomach was painful, for me it painlest. Sometumes glucose in my blood in the zone 400 too( I hope you'll well. Diabetes it is not so terrible as you think

Danni_pinay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! Glad I'm not the only t1d who has never had a diabetic buddy after so many years! I was diagnosed at 8 years old too, but I'm turning 33 in a few weeks and I wanna brag how good I am, but that would be a lie. Thought I'd join in and answer your questions!

I'm half Filipino from my mum's side. I am also a cat rehomer, as well a teacher and an animal carer. But I actually tried to be a theatre set designer when I first left school!

I teach animal care but I also look after a big range of animals at work!

What are your hobbies?
Also drawing! And over past 3 years ...needle felting.

Do you have pets?
Yes, one very handsome cat

I don't read books, more factual books

Understanding!

David Attenborough...has to be!

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello! Glad I'm not the only t1d who has never had a diabetic buddy after so many years! I was diagnosed at 8 years old too, but I'm turning 33 in a few weeks and I wanna brag how good I am, but that would be a lie. Thought I'd join in and answer your questions!

I'm half Filipino from my mum's side. I am also a cat rehomer, as well a teacher and an animal carer. But I actually tried to be a theatre set designer when I first left school!

I teach animal care but I also look after a big range of animals at work!

What are your hobbies?
Also drawing! And over past 3 years ...needle felting.

Do you have pets?
Yes, one very handsome cat

I don't read books, more factual books

Understanding!

David Attenborough...has to be!
I've never had any diabetic friends either (in truth, virtual friends too). My friends sometimes wish me SWEET dreams, but nothing more, and I would like to have a person with whom I could joke about diabetes

Danni_pinay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nope, your not alone I came on here to try make friends years ago, but I noticed some people are so military ...honestly put me off! But hey, if you want, I'm happy to chat about needles or laugh about our 'normal' friends with grandparents who are diabetic so they can relate!

So are you an animal person is the big question??

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nope, your not alone I came on here to try make friends years ago, but I noticed some people are so military ...honestly put me off! But hey, if you want, I'm happy to chat about needles or laugh about our 'normal' friends with grandparents who are diabetic so they can relate!

So are you an animal person is the big question??
Yes, I want to try make friends) it first experiense for me) and English is not my native language, that it ia a bit difficult for me :cat:

Yes, I'm an animal person (Do I understand correctly that this means that I love animals?). My parents has 5 cats, but I haven't got a single pet in my flat yet. I bought a ficus and decided that if it lived long enough, I would buy a cat

Last edited:

Danni_pinay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I want to try make friends) it first experiense for me) and English is not my native language, that it ia a bit difficult for me :cat:

Yes, I'm an animal person (Do I understand correctly that this means that I love animals?). My parents has 5 cats, but I haven't got a single pet in my flat yet. I bought a ficus and decided that if it lived long enough, I would buy a cat
Oh sorry! What is your native language? If you don't mind me asking?

Yes, that means you love animals glad to hear your a cat person! Im always known as the crazy cat lady where I work! Not that I believe this is bad be to have. 5 cats!? Wow, I'd love to own more, but my boy is too spoilt.

Of course you will live long enough! We all have a condition, but doesn't mean we are never going to make it until we are old and grey.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh sorry! What is your native language? If you don't mind me asking?

Yes, that means you love animals glad to hear your a cat person! Im always known as the crazy cat lady where I work! Not that I believe this is bad be to have. 5 cats!? Wow, I'd love to own more, but my boy is too spoilt.

Of course you will live long enough! We all have a condition, but doesn't mean we are never going to make it until we are old and grey.
My native language is Russian. Probably, considering what my government is doing now, I should say that I do not support either Putin or the war and that we are not all crazy Nazis here.

Crazy cat lady just because of one cat?! No, one cat is clearly not enough for this.

I meant if my ficus doesn't wilt for a long time it will mean that I am ready for the cat

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My native language is Russian. Probably, considering what my government is doing now, I should say that I do not support either Putin or the war and that we are not all crazy Nazis here.
Please, do not feel you need to apologise for your government, you don't!
I'm pretty sure you're not a close colleague of your ridiculous leader, his faults are not the fault of the people.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Please, do not feel you need to apologise for your government, you don't!
I'm pretty sure you're not a close colleague of your ridiculous leader, his faults are not the fault of the people.
I am part of the people whose will he represents (at least formally), and I have the right to vote, so I bear a certain responsibility, not guilt, but responsibility. Even if I don't want to

Danni_pinay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Crazy cat lady just because of one cat?! No, one cat is clearly not enough for this.

I meant if my ficus doesn't wilt for a long time it will mean that I am ready for the cat
Oh amazing do not worry, I would never have judged anyone from Russia in the sad way some people have! I wish I was bilingual like yourself, so I apologise on my ignorance of not being able to converse with you in any other language to make your life easier. But, your English Is very good!

Only one cat, but he is my world and I regime cats as a side job for a charity.

Ahh I see.

Diabetic question...do you have a freestyle libre??

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

Danni_pinay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also my apologise ok my slow response. I don't get notifications when you have responded!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Also my apologise ok my slow response. I don't get notifications when you have responded!
If you're on a computer, hover over your name at the top right and have a look at your alert preferences. If you're on a phone, I think You'll need to tap your profile pic in the top right to find this menu.

upload_2022-5-15_23-13-44.png

Reactions: Danni_pinay

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetic question...do you have a freestyle libre??
No, I have not. I want to buy it, but for now I have to pierce my fingers

It's strange, but I also didn't have an alert, although all the ticks in the settings are...

Danni_pinay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No, I have not. I want to buy it, but for now I have to pierce my fingers

It's strange, but I also didn't have an alert, although all the ticks in the settings are...
Ow bless you! I've only just got mine on Friday....my old doctors would not allow me the opportunity. Well your better than me, I spent maybe closer to 15 years never testing my sugars. Oops!

I still am not getting any alerts, Im not sure what to do.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ow bless you! I've only just got mine on Friday....my old doctors would not allow me the opportunity. Well your better than me, I spent maybe closer to 15 years never testing my sugars. Oops!

I still am not getting any alerts, Im not sure what to do.
The same case. Now I'm starting to get alerts from all the posts where I left a comment until I turn it off. :hilarious: That feeling when you're a web programmer and you can't set up alerts correctly

vishalNaik

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, i have type 1 diabetes. I have never had a diabetic friend after many years.
I was diagnosed at 15 years old too, now my age is 33. I would like to join you all and ask some questions about health, which i am suffering. I am quite confusing, whether the problems are because of diabetes or any else.