Looking for friends

Talikvmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey there, I’m new here. 26 years old. Christian. Looking for someone with diabetes type 1 just to talk with or become friends and help each other out. Have been diagosed since 2015. Trying to manage it but it’s hard physical and emotional.

• Hug
Reactions: Lainie71

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi welcome to the forum @Talikvmi

I’m not T2 so haven’t got much knowledge on T1 but we are a very friendly bunch and I’m sure they’ll be plenty of our lovely T1 members happy to chat and share their experiences with you here on the forum :)

CatsFive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey there, I’m new here. 26 years old. Christian. Looking for someone with diabetes type 1 just to talk with or become friends and help each other out. Have been diagosed since 2015. Trying to manage it but it’s hard physical and emotional.

You mention being a Christian. Is it important to you to talk to other Christians, or will be people of any religion or none be equally acceptable? I ask as if you specifically want to talk to Christians you are limiting the pool of potential friends, even more so if you want those of a particular Christian pursuasion.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

What are the aspects that are most challenging to you?

Talikvmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

What are the aspects that are most challenging to you?
In general finding happiness and enjoying life while dealing with DM. Also combining DM with having a newborn and a toddler. Trying to eat healthy but when I’m low I just eat everything so I end up in the same circle.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In general finding happiness and enjoying life while dealing with DM. Also combining DM with having a newborn and a toddler. Trying to eat healthy but when I’m low I just eat everything so I end up in the same circle.
The lows you have.

Do you use a sensor? Do you back readings up using a meter??

Talikvmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah I have the freestyle Libre Sensor 2 and a the Medtronic pump 640:) I don’t want the alarm on my freestyle but I usually feel the hypo’s quite well

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I have the freestyle Libre Sensor 2 and a the Medtronic pump 640:) I don’t want the alarm on my freestyle but I usually feel the hypo’s quite well
That’s great news. But do you also perform a blood test when low?

I find the Libre 2 can have a lag with lows which gives the impression of the low lasting longer?

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi!
That's the same rig as myself. But changing to the Tandem t slim at the end of the month.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Talikvmi . It is possible that you will find a group of folks looking for friends in this thread, which has the same title the one you started.

Are members are generally very friendly, so don’t limit yourself to just one area of the forum. Have a look around, and join in conversations.

Talikvmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That’s great news. But do you also perform a blood test when low?

I find the Libre 2 can have a lag with lows which gives the impression of the low lasting longer?
True… and yes I perform a blood test too when I’m low

Talikvmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Talikvmi . It is possible that you will find a group of folks looking for friends in this thread, which has the same title the one you started.

Are members are generally very friendly, so don’t limit yourself to just one area of the forum. Have a look around, and join in conversations.
:))))