Looking for some inspiration

lauren_gee_x

Hi guys wonderingif anyone can give me some ideas. I've been diabetic 16 years now and have decided I'm going to get a tattoo.
I want something different that not a lot of other people I my area will have so decided a diabetic orientated tattoo would be the best thing but I am completely stuck for designs.
Does anyone already have diabetes related tattoos if so would they kind posting a picture for some inspiration :)xx

Defren

Lauren, sorry to be a fly in the ointment here, but as a diabetic I would be checking with your GP before having a tattoo piercing etc. Diabetics can have the problem that we heal slower than non diabetics, and open wounds can lead to diabetic ulcers, so getting the OK from your Doctor seems the safest thing to do.

lauren_gee_x

Defren said:
Lauren, sorry to be a fly in the ointment here, but as a diabetic I would be checking with your GP before having a tattoo piercing etc. Diabetics can have the problem that we heal slower than non diabetics, and open wounds can lead to diabetic ulcers, so getting the OK from your Doctor seems the safest thing to do.

I've already checked with my diabetic team and they don't have any concerns. I've already had loads of piercings ect and the tattooist wouldn't do it without the say so from my doc anyway :). I find I heal just as quick as a non diabetic xx

Neicy0412

Type of diabetes
Type 1
How about the widely recognised medi alert emblem, it's a snake around a sword type thing, it would look nice as a tattoo and could possibly save your life in an emergency :)