Losing weight nicely

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have lost 6lbs in 5 days, eating very low carb, no/low sugar. Been 50g carbs or lower apart from today, 57g.

Defren

BioHaZarD said:
I have lost 6lbs in 5 days, eating very low carb, no/low sugar. Been 50g carbs or lower apart from today, 57g.

Well done Bio. That and your cut in carbs will make such a difference to your BG control.

N

nicbarnett

That's brilliant, well done. Are you counting calories or eating low fat too? I have 6 stone to loose xx

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
nicbarnett said:
That's brilliant, well done. Are you counting calories or eating low fat too? I have 6 stone to loose xx

You probably don't need to. If you cut right down on fat and carbs, that only leaves protein, which is kind of difficult to eat too much of on its own.

If you stick to low-carb/high-fat/moderate-protein then you can lose weight without feeling hungry. Your satiety response should make sure that you don't consume too many calories.

I crossed the 60lb weight loss mark this morning (that's over 4.25 stone) doing LCHF. My actual fat loss is probably quite a lot higher because my legs have bulked up incredibly because of all the running I'm doing.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I'm green with envy.I'm stuck AGAIN!
Hana

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I'm stuck too, Hana. I seem to have stabilized at a 5 stone loss, but I have another 5 to go!

Nic and Bio, have you looked at Viv's Modified Atkins Diet, which is in the Sticky Thread section?

It's the easiest (and best, for me) method of weight loss that I know, because you just stick to those foods, and now is the best time to do it - assuming the weather ever warms up!

I followed it for 18 months a few years ago, lost 5.5 stones, and have never felt better in my life. I fell into bad habits again, but went back on the diet at diagnosis 2 years ago. I haven't been as strict with myself this time, and insulin resistance makes weight loss harder, but it does work. If it's too low carb for you, get a carb-counting book, and add in more Low GI carbs to the level you want. Controlling all carbs, not just sugar, is the answer to weight loss and BG levels. :D

Best of luck

Viv 8)

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too am green with envy. I was stuck for a while but now I'm putting the weight back on :cry:

I know it's my own fault and have only myself to blame :oops:

I'm worried about falling back on the slippery slope!

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
nicbarnett said:

Not really counting calories, but eating what I eat comes to between 700-1100 calories per day mainly towards the lower end, not watching fat either that generally comes in between 40 - 70g per day.