Lost my MoJo

Mctony64

Hi
Last year I was diagnosed T2 and so started on my Journey to fitness, I thought I was doing fine running 3 time a week. My runs consisted of 2 lots of 5k and 1of 10k by September, a short break at Christmas/New Year and back into it.

Recently though over last 4 weeks I have found it very hard to even complete 5k without stopping and walking for a short distance. I am now worried I will lose my enthusiasm to carry on.

Has anyone else hit this wall.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Mctony64 Yes, I am currently having the same, I too was getting out 3 times a week 5km each time, but over the last couple of weeks I have lost my mojo too, went for a 4km yesterday which was a hill climb but only made it half way up and decided to turn around, and stopped for a walk on the way back it was chucking it down with rain and I just didn't have it in the tank. I am still doing park runs on a saturday though, it's just a case of plodding on, my theory is just go easy, it's literally one step at a time, if you need to walk then do it, as long as your moving that's great, keep going though and remember it will come back, I don't think the rubbish weather has helped much either :)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Mctony64 I am 13 years older than you, and only recently given the news of preD. I have lost and found my mojo so many times I can’t count. I have recently relocated it, which feels great. @Juicyj ‘s description of just plodding on best fits what I find works for me. If I absolutely canNOT make that 3 mile walk on this day, walk to the bottom of the street (about 4 suburban houses’ worth of walk) and say I DID IT. That is something.
I hope you come out of it soon. My brother is exactly your age, been preD for 10 yrs or so, and has recently had the very same experience as you, although he was more of a daily 10k-er for years. He has various injuries, aches and pains, and a dramatic 13 yr old daughter with an underachieving 20-something brother both living at home. For him, stress plays a huge role in mojo. As it is for me!