Love Hearts for Hypos???

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
When I go hypo I resort to glucose tablets, glucose juice or jelly babies. I friend has told me that Love Hearts work faster than tablets. Has anyone tried this romantic cure?
I bought a packet out of interest and by my calculations they work out at 1.15g carb per sweet which means scoffing quite a few more than one would with normal glucose tablets.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
When I go hypo I resort to glucose tablets, glucose juice or jelly babies. I friend has told me that Love Hearts work faster than tablets. Has anyone tried this romantic cure?
I bought a packet out of interest and by my calculations they work out at 1.15g carb per sweet which means scoffing quite a few more than one would with normal glucose tablets.
A dexter glucose tablet has 3.36g of carbs to compare.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Well they have sugar so should work. I seem to remember the packets being tightly wrapped which may affect quick access.
Probably best not to stop and read as you go!

Lynnzhealth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I have a hypo I eat a couple of pieces of Cadbury Dairy Milk Bar and I find it works quickly. I do use the Dex4 tabs, but much prefer Dairy Milk.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
When I have a hypo I eat a couple of pieces of Cadbury Dairy Milk Bar and I find it works quickly. I do use the Dex4 tabs, but much prefer Dairy Milk.
They’ve just launched a 30 per cent less sugar version so be careful.

Reactions: Fruitella

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

I find chocolate takes way too long to work for me. Dont notice any change in BG for at least an hour (thanks to Libre :))

Good old jelly babies for me OR in the car I have raspberry gluco tabs

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I might try those - sometimes I only need a tiny bit to bring me up and end up snapping dextrose tablets in half! So a 1g (ish) sweetie could be ideal...

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yes! and they work. YDMV

It was the only sweet thing at hand at the time.........that appealed more interesting than orange glucotabs! It's good to know they are 1.2g per sweet for next time :D

Reactions: Struma