Love Letter to glucose tabs

isjoberg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
just had a surprise hypo come on, my eyes went blurry and I could feel it was a fast one. I didn't actually have keys and was waiting for my boyfriend, I knew he was a few minutes away but not sure I could last. Sat down and two Glucotabs later, within a few minutes I felt better. So so amazing. Yeah it's rubbish to be diabetic but glucotabs are ace! Such a saviour :D

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@isjoberg . Glucotabs tabs and the arrival of your boyfriend what could be better?:):):)
Hope you feeling better now.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dextrose tablets: in my desk drawer at work; in the front pocket of my handbag; in the case with my glucose monitor; in the drawer of my bedside table; individually wrapped dextrose tablets in my running belt; on my supermarket internet shopping recommended items list. It does look like I love them, I'm not convinced. Glad they were handy to do the job for you @isjoberg

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I have a packet of Dextrose tablets everywhere I go in the house, car, gym kit and wherever. Low cost, small and effective for most hypos.

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I carry around with me dextrogel it's got a slightly funny taste when you first use them but after a while you get used to it and you don't taste it and it is instant sugar for a hour

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
feel like tropical dextro tablet is literally the best thing ever and i hate all kinds of glucose tablets !!!