1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Low blood pressure

Discussion in 'Type 1.5/LADA Diabetes' started by Pinkerbell, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Fayefaye1429

Fayefaye1429 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi I can't add to this just to say it's really interesting. I have had low blood pressure issues for years but mine is slightly different. I sympathise as I have to be very careful re exercise well everything. Since having salt with every meal that has helped. All doctors say to me is I don't know so it a puzzle. I truly hope you find a way for you as I feel low blood pressure is nasty and it's just something some don't know about

• Like Like x 2
  2. jeniferlouise02

jeniferlouise02 Prediabetes · Active Member

Sorry to hear that Faye. Perhaps you could ask your Doctor about fludrocortisone?

3. Pinkerbell

Pinkerbell Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thank you, I will :) My synacthen tests started early in the morning, but I don't know if that's what you're referring to! From what I can remember from my last consultation, they hadn't completely ruled out addison's, but 'put it on the back burner for now' It seems pretty unlikely though as the main symptom which concerned them, apart from the low BP, was repeated hypos, which went away when my diabetes medication was changed. The odd thing is that my mum, sister and dad (when he was alive) all suffer from scary high blood pressure. Maybe we just have dodgy regulators!

4. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Hi Pinkerbell,
    Have they eliminated low aldosterone?
    I have far too much BTW, 20x normal.
    My renin was very low.
    The relationship of aldosterone to renin regulates blood pressure, one can have adrenal problems several ways.
    We have marvelous self regulating bodies when they are working OK.
    regards
    Derek

#24 lindisfel, Oct 25, 2015 at 9:40 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
  5. Pinkerbell

Pinkerbell Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm not sure to be honest, I have a consultation in a month or so and I will ask about that as well as other points people have raised in this thread :)

6. Fayefaye1429

I'll look into it and thank you. To be honest I e always been told there is nothing they can do so this thread has opened my eyes to a lot,so thank you for starting the thread

7. Fayefaye1429

8. LaurenMoffitt

LaurenMoffitt Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Hi. I'm under am endocrinologist and I keep having fainting episodes on rising from sitting/lying. Think I may have insulin resistant pcos. Awaiting tests results for that and Cushing's syndrome. May have found the reason why its happening. Many thanks

9. Fido78

Fido78 LADA · Well-Known Member

Have you been checked for POTS?

10. LaurenMoffitt

LaurenMoffitt Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Will ask GP when I see them soon. Many thanks for your advice.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook