Low blood pressure

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I can't add to this just to say it's really interesting. I have had low blood pressure issues for years but mine is slightly different. I sympathise as I have to be very careful re exercise well everything. Since having salt with every meal that has helped. All doctors say to me is I don't know so it a puzzle. I truly hope you find a way for you as I feel low blood pressure is nasty and it's just something some don't know about

Reactions: 2 people

jeniferlouise02

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear that Faye. Perhaps you could ask your Doctor about fludrocortisone?

Pinkerbell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have primary Addison's disease and ran a half marathon a week before my diagnosis/ crisis. I had been ill and very tired before, but I guess it is possible to exercise and have it!

Ask for you cortisol test results Pinkerbell. Have you had a morning cortisol test?

I agree that fludrocortisone might help with your symptoms, with or without addisons.

Take care and I hope you get it sorted soon x x x
Thank you, I will :) My synacthen tests started early in the morning, but I don't know if that's what you're referring to! From what I can remember from my last consultation, they hadn't completely ruled out addison's, but 'put it on the back burner for now' It seems pretty unlikely though as the main symptom which concerned them, apart from the low BP, was repeated hypos, which went away when my diabetes medication was changed. The odd thing is that my mum, sister and dad (when he was alive) all suffer from scary high blood pressure. Maybe we just have dodgy regulators!

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Pinkerbell,
Have they eliminated low aldosterone?
I have far too much BTW, 20x normal.
My renin was very low.
The relationship of aldosterone to renin regulates blood pressure, one can have adrenal problems several ways.
We have marvelous self regulating bodies when they are working OK.
regards
Derek

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinkerbell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Pinkerbell,
Have they eliminated low aldosterone?
I have far too much BTW, 20x normal.
regards
Derek
I'm not sure to be honest, I have a consultation in a month or so and I will ask about that as well as other points people have raised in this thread :)

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry to hear that Faye. Perhaps you could ask your Doctor about fludrocortisone?
I'll look into it and thank you. To be honest I e always been told there is nothing they can do so this thread has opened my eyes to a lot,so thank you for starting the thread

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi. I'm under am endocrinologist and I keep having fainting episodes on rising from sitting/lying. Think I may have insulin resistant pcos. Awaiting tests results for that and Cushing's syndrome. May have found the reason why its happening. Many thanks