Low blood sugar

Jac25

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I'm pre-diabetic, and was slightly derailed from LCHF over Christmas. I've been back to low carbs properly since New Year, but my blood sugar has been all over the place - as high as 10.5, and today, as low as 3.6 (2 hours after eating a bowl of porridge). I am struggling to lose weight as I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome at the moment, which severely limits exercise, but I have been fasting until late morning, then having brunch and a main meal (low carb, not ultra low) in the evening.
Am I doing something wrong?
Any advice appreciated, I'm new to pre-diabetes. Many thanks.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I too varied away from my usual diet and found my BS responded accordingly in 36 hours, however the same isn't working in reverse. @Brunneria seems to have the same problem. So I don't think you are doing anything wrong, other than being impatient for results - arn't we all!!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
To do low carb you'd have to eat a really tiny amount of porridge - porridge oats are going to be 60 percent carbs, possibly a bit more - eating something more sustaining such as meat or fish with a salad or low carb veges would perhaps give you more energy and also not cause insulin release.