Low carb bread

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
Hi all found this crustless whole meal bread 7.5 grams of carb which is 2carb less than the actual low carb bread sold at tesco
20180328_114743.jpg
20180328_114752.jpg

Reactions: deb1960

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
This would definitely need to be tested by carb sensitive Type 2's. It is never clear if the produces are completely upfront. E.g. does the molasses sugar and barley get counted in the carbohydrates. The use of rapeseed oil means I would not try this and "flour treatment agent" just puts me off.

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
I can only speak from my experience that it doesnt spike my bg and as i am on a low carb diet well lowish carb diet it works for me

Reactions: 75Bedford

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
And to be honest didnt look at ingredient just carbs as thats what im counting

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
I think to much imformation can confuse things when ur starting out and boogle ur mind then i start to get low in mood so im taking one thing at a time at the mo its carbs and if it doesnt spike my sugars its a thunbs up it seems to work for me lost 2 stone and hb reading gone from 65 to 44

zimou13

Type of diabetes
Insipidus
Treatment type
Pump
We invite you to browse through our store and shop with confidence. We invite you to create an account with us if you like, or shop as a guest. Either way, your shopping cart will be active until you leave the store.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
If it does not spike your BG sugars and you are ok with it, then I can see no problem. Many on here were eating Lidl's high Protein rolls, but who is to say that the ingredients were true. We can say that with a lot of foods, we can only test and see what is right for us.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
This would definitely need to be tested by carb sensitive Type 2's. It is never clear if the produces are completely upfront. E.g. does the molasses sugar and barley get counted in the carbohydrates. The use of rapeseed oil means I would not try this and "flour treatment agent" just puts me off.
What is wrong with rapeseed oil? I was not aware that was a no go. I use rapeseed as I do not like coconut oil, and here in Yorkshire Bridlington I cannot get Avocado oil.. Olive oil I use for warming foods or salad not for frying with

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If it does not spike your BG sugars and you are ok with it, then I can see no problem. Many on here were eating Lidl's high Protein rolls, but who is to say that the ingredients were true. We can say that with a lot of foods, we can only test and see what is right for us.

When the Lidl rolls disappeared I started to eat Burgen (for the first time ever). A Lidl roll was about 10g carbs. Burgen is said to be 11.8g a slice. Both toasted, eaten with butter, and the same accompanying foods, the Lidl roll made very little difference to my levels. One slice of Burgen really spikes me, and not only that, I don't drop down to normal for a lot longer. I am reduced to eating half a slice, and that is often not enough! If the carbs are correct for both, then it has to be the type of carbs within each that make the difference for me. I suspect the wheat content and also the fat content.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
33.6g per 100g is quite low for Bread.

The Tesco Protein bread is about 30g, the Hovis Lower Carb Seeded is around 27g.................and then of course LivLife is about 15g

"Normal" bread is closer to 45g

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nothing wrong with rapeseed (usually main ingredient in vegetable oil) from a diab point of view! There are people on this forum who also distrust processed foods and the problem with rapeseed from that perspective is that it is highly processed and not something that human beings have eaten over the longer term unlike say natural dairy fats, ghee or animal fats such as lard etc. Anyway there's an association of PUFAs (polyunsaturated fats) with more inflammation. However I don't believe that in bread it can be in a high dose.
Personally I would still be hungry after 2 slices of this bread so would not work for me!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rapeseed oil has an excellent balance of omega 3 to omega 6, better actually than olive oil, so is probably quite good for us if we are bothered about getting a better omega 3 to omega 6 ratio, which we should be.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rapeseed oil has an excellent balance of omega 3 to omega 6, better actually than olive oil, so is probably quite good for us if we are bothered about getting a better omega 3 to omega 6 ratio, which we should be.
Thanks Bluetit..I always use that

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
What is wrong with rapeseed oil? I was not aware that was a no go. I use rapeseed as I do not like coconut oil, and here in Yorkshire Bridlington I cannot get Avocado oil.. Olive oil I use for warming foods or salad not for frying with
Rapeseed oil is commonly sprayed with pesiticides and is essentially Canola oil which has a bad reputation. This goes into good summary detail https://draxe.com/canola-oil-gm/.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Most spreads are rapeseed oil now as are the butter ones that spread from the fridge I know a lot of people will not use rapeseed oil but I have no objection to it and prefer the butter and rapeseed oil spread to all butter it is lighter