Low carb bread

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wouldn’t have a clue how to make bread! In a bread maker?
I never had a bread maker even when I used to make "real" bread. What I make now is often mixed and baked in one container - about 3 mins in the microwave. See @Mel dCP's post (#6) back up the thread.

But here's a "proper" low carb sesame flour loaf I baked in the oven:
sesame_flour_loaf.jpg

(Similar recipe here: https://www.fatforweightloss.com.au/sesame-seed-keto-bread/ )

Robbity

Reactions: CondorX and Paulm80

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Paulm80 I have Tesco’s High protein bread which is 10g carbs per slice - it is quite thick and one slice loaded with filling or toasted with a couple of eggs is enough. Of the lower carb breads I’ve tried it also makes the best toast and freezes well. However the only way to find out which bread suits you is to use your meter and test. Re breakfast I’m not sure how much time you have in the mornings - I don’t have much so tend to have full fat Greek yoghurt with berries but cereals tend to be high carb and lower carb alternatives would be Greek yoghurt and berries or eggs either as an omelette or scrambled etc. Some people dont bother with breakfast but I always do - I can go without lunch or dinner but need my breakfast!!​

Reactions: Paulm80

Gran25

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When I started on this road not so long ago I made some amazing LC crackers adapted from a recipe on the Diet Doctor site and almond flour scones. Problem was I ate too many. I actually think I like the fillings on bread more than the bread and so many of those fillings were previously considered "bad for you". I now usually use celery as a carrier for smoked salmon, deli meats, cream cheese, almond butter and any number of yummy stuff, but to be honest, sometimes I just use a spoon.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a couple of slices of the Hovis Low Carb each day. Not quite every day. But when I do then two of those slices is the maximum.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a loaf of the Livlife bread today - I got some of the Asda protein bread recently I need to compare the two. The Asda stuff is dense and also expensive, though I don't use much bread these days - I restrict myself to one pack of 5 slices a week.
Once you stop using it regularly it becomes far less a fall back food.