Low carb bread

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi-Lo bread is (unfortunately) a very low volume product. Sainsbury's systems have difficulty coping with it. When availability at my local store became very erratic I had a long discussion with the Bakery Manager. They sell on average 6 loaves a week in a fairly large store. It is delivered with the cakes (!) in a small box containing 4 loaves. The automatic ordering system can spread out deliveries anything between 4 and 10 days, which may well not match very well with the pattern of when people who want to buy it go into the shop, sometimes meaning they are left with one or two after the sell-by date, even if there are also frustrated people on other days in the same week who can't buy it because it is out of stock then.

What I have done is buy it whenever I am in the shop, and if I go short order it from Ocado. The latter option I guess might now be the only one for you.

I looked for Hi-Lo bread everywhere and can’t find them mate!

Jay-Marc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bought some just today in my local Sainsbury so it is still around. Think the only other source though is Ocado if you don't have one near to you that stocks it (they don't all, even non 'Locals'). Ocado for some reason lists it as 'Bread Roll' even though it is a sliced loaf.

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes it’s available in Sainsbury’s expensive at £1.75 but only 5g carbs per slice but I freeze it and take out slices as and when needed so makes it move cost affective as I don’t eat bread that often so lasts a few weeks for me. Also seen kingsmill no crust 50/50 at 8.5g per slice on reduced rail (34p) so I bought to try and my bloods were ok after a two slice sandwich of shrimp,lettuce onion and seafood sauce blood before 5.4 1 hour after 5.7 two hours after 5.7

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51