Low Carb Breakfast Suggestions

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Have you already worked out the carb count for the rolls (just to save me the maths!)?
Thanks
@Skippy1 i don’t carb count I just think if I ate I little lower carb my Bgs would be a bit better

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Week days (work) I have stick of celery, cheese, olives, walnuts and at the moment, some raspberries. Weekends, high fat yogurt, walnuts, ground linseed and raspberries. Might be samey but I like it.

DGI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Week days (work) I have stick of celery, cheese, olives, walnuts and at the moment, some raspberries. Weekends, high fat yogurt, walnuts, ground linseed and raspberries. Might be samey but I like it.
Keto porridge is 486 kcals!!! Sorry but no way am I eating that much in one sitting....woaaahhh!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Keto porridge is 486 kcals!!! Sorry but no way am I eating that much in one sitting....woaaahhh!

Remember where those calories are coming from and how satiating the meal is.

Reactions: hankjam

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you read the short video linked directly under the calorie count on the keto porridge recipe? I’ve lost six stone and I eat this keto porridge for breakfast every day with double cream, yes more calories and strawberries, yes a few more calories!
Here’s the video:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-lose-weight/calories

Reactions: Guzzler

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
You can eat anything for breakfast that you would eat for any other meal - we've just been conditioned as a society to want certain foods for brekkie but when you consider the range of those traditions from fry-up, to cereals, to continental to kippers - it is incredibly diverse.
So grilled chicken and peppers for breakfast is great;
Or a salad with some sliced avocado and a little tomato is lovely and refreshing.
strawberries and cream? why not? maybe a few crushed hazelnuts on top.
A bowl of tuna/or carb with mayo and a few anchovies or capers chopped into it, squeeze of lemon, grind of black pepper and a dash of tabasco.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some of my breakfasts (other than eggs or cheese), chia pudding, sliced meat, 1/2 cup full fat Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup fresh raspberries & 1 tbsp crushed walnuts (or other nut, not cashews), leftovers

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskiaKC