Low Carb Breckenridge 2017 video presentations

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will mercilessly bump this up the threads every day as I think its really important that as many people as possible see these presentations.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This popped up in my Youtube subscriptions this morning:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel even better about my high cholesterol after watching this one :D

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I now have an explanation for why my cholesterol increased once I started doing IF consistently. Guess I should eat heaps of fat for a few days before my next test and see what happens :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that @Indy51 missed that one coming out. And what a great one it is!

Do you not subscribe to Low Carb Down Under on YouTube? I do, and am notified when new content is uploaded. Subscribing also makes finding these various clips easier after a while.

Reactions: mariavontrapp

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you not subscribe to Low Carb Down Under on YouTube? I do, and am notified when new content is uploaded. Subscribing also makes finding these various clips easier after a while.
I hadn't but have now...great idea

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, Indy. That popped up on my YouTube subscription mail this morning too.

nickm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I recently placed 1st in the M55 division of the ACT sprint distance orienteering championships. Certainly not by following advice of the sort presented at Low Carb Breckenridge. In fact I'm yet to hear of any T1 my age getting good results in Masters athletics with long term VLC. The reason why is explained in my blog and remains unrefuted.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I recently placed 1st in the M55 division of the ACT sprint distance orienteering championships. Certainly not by following advice of the sort presented at Low Carb Breckenridge. In fact I'm yet to hear of any T1 my age getting good results in Masters athletics with long term VLC. The reason why is explained in my blog and remains unrefuted.

That may be because there are few Type 1 Master athletes doing whatever it is you do.. however for us mere mortals who are Type 2 and like to keep our blood sugars low then the advice from this set of videos is pure gold.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Have you looked at Dr Tamsin Lewis at all?

She's a former professional iron man triathlete, as well as psychiatrist who is LC.

Edited to add. She spoke at the 2016 PHCUK Conference, and I believe that presentation is on YouTube. It's a while since I watched it.

nickm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dr Tamsin Lewis has written plenty on the dangers of keto/vlc. She advocates carbs for racing, and quite a few other circumstances.

nickm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
As her endocrinologist said to my friend, sugar control is NOT the most important part of managing T2. Low carb Breckenridge continued to ignore all the evidence behind that statement.