Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Sorry to write on your thread , but I want to make one to , mince pie that is , so can a kind person tell admin that I can hardly get on the site I have tried emailing but guess every one is busy ...server has error ...with Java script problems ? Is anyone else having problems ...all the pages keep jumping ..something strange going on and just when I need to think of christmas food ...help please ...kat x miss everyone.....you miss people at Christmas ....@Daisy ...if you can help....Thanks everyone ...
Kat, if you could copy+paste the error next time you get it, please email it to [email protected] and I'll look in to getting it fixed :)

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Turkey Special.jpg
Something tells me, I may not have got the spirit of this quite right yet. ;)

Reactions: 11 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

TOP TIP

Don't spend ages fruitlessly looking for Christmassy cupcake cases :bored:

Buy the normal ones in Aldi. Five beautiful colours including 20 red and 20 green.

Very festive and only 99p for 100. Bargain!

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried making this today using Truvia. It tasted very chemically, so I added some orange zest and cinnamon to disguise the Truvia. Ended up tasting medicinal lol :***:

Fantastic texture, very jammy. I just couldn't get the taste right :( Pleas let me know if anyone masters it.

What a pity!
(I HATE that chemical sweetener tang :mad:)
If I make it, I'll be using erythritol, so will let you know...

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Im trying brandy soaked cherries in chocolate. I've got the cherries soaking now. Figured it'd be pretty low carb. And yummy!

Attachments

• 20141130_193851.jpg
    20141130_193851.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 441
Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Low carb canapés! :woot:

SEARED HALOUMI WITH TOMATO SALSA

seared-haloumi-with-tomato-salsa.jpg
taste-loves.png

A tasty combination of seared haloumi and fresh tomato salsa.

PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME2 minutes
SERVES
serves-6.png
Serves 6

• 1 bunch chives snipped
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 x 180 g pkts haloumi
  • 2 roasted red capsicums chopped
  • 1 tomato seeded, chopped

1. To make salsa, combine capsicum, tomato, chives and 1 tbsp of the oil in a small bowl. Season to taste.
  2. Slice each piece of haloumi into 4 pieces. Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan on high. Cook haloumi for 1 min each side, until golden.
  3. Serve haloumi topped with tomato salsa.
http://recipes.coles.com.au/recipes/2/seared-haloumi-with-tomato-salsa/

Reactions: 10 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Low carb canapés! :woot:

SEARED HALOUMI WITH TOMATO SALSA

seared-haloumi-with-tomato-salsa.jpg
taste-loves.png

A tasty combination of seared haloumi and fresh tomato salsa.

PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME2 minutes
SERVES
serves-6.png
Serves 6

• 1 bunch chives snipped
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 x 180 g pkts haloumi
  • 2 roasted red capsicums chopped
  • 1 tomato seeded, chopped

1. To make salsa, combine capsicum, tomato, chives and 1 tbsp of the oil in a small bowl. Season to taste.
  2. Slice each piece of haloumi into 4 pieces. Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan on high. Cook haloumi for 1 min each side, until golden.
  3. Serve haloumi topped with tomato salsa.
http://recipes.coles.com.au/recipes/2/seared-haloumi-with-tomato-salsa/

LIKE x50 :wacky:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They look yummy. I might be inclined to tweak the topping... I like very finely chopped red onion, red chilli, tomato, tsp mint sauce, lime juice and a bit of chopped coriander.

Reactions: 2 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I tried making this today using Truvia. It tasted very chemically, so I added some orange zest and cinnamon to disguise the Truvia. Ended up tasting medicinal lol :***:

Fantastic texture, very jammy. I just couldn't get the taste right :( Pleas let me know if anyone masters it.

How about leave out the Truvia? Keep the cranberries and water, add some flaked almonds, a splash of vanilla essence and a sachet of Hartley's lemon and lime jelly. When cool, stir well before serving.
I can't say I've mastered this, in fact I haven't even tried it, I've just invented it. I will practise it this weekend and report back. :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

How about leave out the Truvia? Keep the cranberries and water, add some flaked almonds, a splash of vanilla essence and a sachet of Hartley's lemon and lime jelly. When cool, stir well before serving.
I can't say I've mastered this, in fact I haven't even tried it, I've just invented it. I will practise it this weekend and report back. :)
In your mind, are you adding the powdered jelly crystals to the mix or making up the jelly then adding it? I have a sachet of robinsons sugar free veggie lemon jelly so will give this a whirl. Thank you :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

They look yummy. I might be inclined to tweak the topping... I like very finely chopped red onion, red chilli, tomato, tsp mint sauce, lime juice and a bit of chopped coriander.
Stop reading my mind! :wideyed: Exactly what I was thinking. You can't make salsa without lime and chilli I reckon. Going to try these tonight :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Update - I've just bought some fresh cranberries and realised that I have lots of orange jelly. Might use that instead instead of lemon. The sweetness of the orange might counteract the nippiness of the cranberries. Will try it tomorrow.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In your mind, are you adding the powdered jelly crystals to the mix or making up the jelly then adding it? I have a sachet of robinsons sugar free veggie lemon jelly so will give this a whirl. Thank you :)

I think I will cook the cranberries with a minimum of water until popped, then add the jelly crystals already dissolved in about a half or a third of normal quantity of water - just because I find I have to stir it quite hard to get rid of lumps, and I won't want to mistreat the cranberries in the same way. Then I'll mix the two and leave to set. I'll give it a good stir then and do a taste test, and will add whole or flaked almonds and vanilla if I think there's any point. I could add cinnamon but I agree, as said above, that it might taste too medicinal, like Beecham's Powders, so I might not run that particular risk.
I reckon lemon or orange jelly would be just as nice as lemon&lime.