Not open for further replies.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Stretchy pants not jeans.
I gave up jeans a long time ago.
Guess I must have been bigger than you, if you weren't wearing stretchy pants, and could still find jeans that fitted you.
Or lived in joggers.

Actually, that was one of the best moments of the diet.
Going into Tesco's, buying a pair of jeans off the peg, and going home, and my kids saying, 'Dad, we've not seen you in jeans for years'

As they say 'Priceless'

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
my old trousers are like clown trousers on me now, i couldnt make that mistake personally, but as you say....priceless

at 19 stone all i wore were jeans

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
my old trousers are like clown trousers on me now, i couldnt make that mistake personally, but as you say....priceless

at 19 stone all i wore were jeans

You could find jeans you thought you looked ok in, whereas I couldn't.
But I can get them off the peg now.
Guess we all change shape as differently as we handle diabetes then?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
once i got to 17 stone and was diagnosed i bought tracksuit jogger bottoms as i joined the gym etc, but 4 more stone off i couldnt wear any of them now they look ridiculous, im envious your able to wear those clothes still, mine all went in the bin

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Joggers.
My legs didn't shrink.Well, not in length. After a lot of tile adhesive, and a lot of silicone, no one cares if they're baggy, so long as you pull the waist cord a bit tighter.
But I'm buying M, not XXL now, to replace the ones I'm crawled through lofts in, sat on a nail, and ripped the bottom out of, so I'm good.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Can't really argue on the 'my pants 'your pants'
Just checked, 6.7 on the meter, so. I'm good on my way.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
And just when I'm back on the diet......... it's the local beer festival. Can't get away from temptation.
Still, it's not been a bad day today.
A couple of ryvita for breakfast, with the usual 1/2 fat cheese, and ham.
2 more for lunch with a bit of pate.
Got the floor down without any hassle, checked my BS before dinner, 4.9.
So a few crisps with the mackerel salad I just had.
(Tinned mackerel, I like to stock up at Auchan when I do a shopping run to Calais. I've got a cupboard full of it now.)
Mrs D and the kids are painting the walls.

I'm ready for a glass of wine while watching Dr Who later.

I also have the chance for an interesting dive later in the year, I'll update when I know more.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Ok
This is insane.

6.6 at 13.48, after meatballs, cabbage, kale, onion, 1/2 pint instant gravy for lunch.
8.3 at 17.14 after 5 1/2 pints of real ale, over the three hours, so, liquid bread, bad, but not that bad, but I was being social!
Then home for dinner, lamb chops, kale, sweet potato, peas, beans, another 1/2 pint of instant gravy.
3.8 at 18.17. And I checked that twice. New record, so what is going on?
I don't feel low, so I'm not sure what is happening here, as below 4, on the floor, used to apply to me!

(Also, I picked up the most amazing pork scratchings ever invented, I will photograph and post up the packaging. If you only have one packet, you have to have these before you die)

Last edited by a moderator:

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
It's an interesting time now.
I have very good HbA1c's, within normal levels
I have very good fasting levels,
I have annual optical reviews, 100% clear, field of vision fine, zero retinopathy.
I pay for annual medicals, including doppler ultrasound for ischemia, which is completely clear.

I'm healthier than I have been for years.
And I have certificates to prove it now.

But I still don't know why my levels are dropping to 3.8?
That's low, even by my standards.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Moment of madness.
Tamworth Snow Dome, adult learn to ski in a day.
Booked for tomorrow.
I've never tried skiing before.
If I don't post for a while, I've probably broken something important!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's an interesting time now.
I have very good HbA1c's, within normal levels
I have very good fasting levels,
I have annual optical reviews, 100% clear, field of vision fine, zero retinopathy.
I pay for annual medicals, including doppler ultrasound for ischemia, which is completely clear.

I'm healthier than I have been for years.
And I have certificates to prove it now.

But I still don't know why my levels are dropping to 3.8?
That's low, even by my standards.

Are you concerned about it? Perhaps it's time to review your meds.

3.8 is very common for me, and I don't take any medication. I feel absolutely fine down to 3.4. Lower than that, I just feel empty and want to eat the entire contents of the fridge.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
once i got to 17 stone and was diagnosed i bought tracksuit jogger bottoms as i joined the gym etc, but 4 more stone off i couldnt wear any of them now they look ridiculous, im envious your able to wear those clothes still, mine all went in the bin

Keep off wearing anything with elasticated waistbands!! As they just expand!

At least you know with non expanding whether clothes fit or not!!

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Are you concerned about it? Perhaps it's time to review your meds.

3.8 is very common for me, and I don't take any medication. I feel absolutely fine down to 3.4. Lower than that, I just feel empty and want to eat the entire contents of the fridge.
@AndBreathe
Not really sure. I never used to be happy below 5, as I felt bad.
I've had a few 'lows' recently, but not really felt like I used to, and I've never had a 3.8 recorded before.
I said I would review my meds in October, with my nurse/doctor, but it seems things have changed recently, more than I expected.
I'm not sure what's happening really, but it seems to have changed after I loaded up on the chinese, but no idea why?
I was reasonable before, now I seem to have gone down a step.
I'm loathe to make more than one change at a time, I've gone back onto the statins after the last 3 month review, so much as I want to, I think I'll leave it alone for now.
I really want to drop the meds, do the Newcastle for 4 weeks, then try a GTT.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
No statins necessary with coconut oil.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
No statins necessary with coconut oil.

But, back to my original reason for my diet, I doubt Tamworth Snow Dome with be serving coconut oil for lunch, so either I take my own, or I teach my body to be good with what they offer.
The second choice is going to be more suitable if I want to allow myself to be spontaneous.
Each to what suits them, so long as the meter agrees.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Each to own!!

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe
Not really sure. I never used to be happy below 5, as I felt bad.
I've had a few 'lows' recently, but not really felt like I used to, and I've never had a 3.8 recorded before.
I said I would review my meds in October, with my nurse/doctor, but it seems things have changed recently, more than I expected.
I'm not sure what's happening really, but it seems to have changed after I loaded up on the chinese, but no idea why?
I was reasonable before, now I seem to have gone down a step.
I'm loathe to make more than one change at a time, I've gone back onto the statins after the last 3 month review, so much as I want to, I think I'll leave it alone for now.
I really want to drop the meds, do the Newcastle for 4 weeks, then try a GTT.
Why do you want to do the Newcastle at this stage, or a GTT at any stage? I'm over any curiosity surrounding a GTT.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Why do you want to do the Newcastle at this stage, or a GTT at any stage? I'm over any curiosity surrounding a GTT.

I want to try the Newcastle because I haven't, if that makes sense.
It's the only diet that has any claim to reverse, or at least put diabetes into remission.
I've reduced my calories, I've lost weight, and pushed my numbers down, but I want to see what happens if I push it further.
My totally unscientific 'chinese' experiment gave me numbers that weren't too fair into the diabetic range, considering the amount I crammed in.
I want to quantify it.
The other thing about the Newcastle is while it's low calorie, it's still a mainly carb diet, so although the load is off, and i will lose weight, I'll still be producing insulin, so maybe that's a factor?
So I want to do it correctly.
Wait until my next review, if the numbers are as good as all the previous ones, stop the meds, do the diet, check after 4 weeks, (I'm not sure I could do more, I'm not sure I have enough fat to lose), then do a GTT, and see where it goes.
Also, I have a few dive trips for October, so I don't want to change my diet before, and I don't want to Newcastle over Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.