low carb diet

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
Hi to every1 need help, I'm 5-8 11stone fit ;) and got diagnosed type 1 in july and when I left hospital all they was saying is you can eat what you want,this may be true but at the expense of having diabetic complications down the line.So I've been looking around the web and on here and most are on a low carb diet and its something I'm looking to imply into my diet.I'm very active in the morning running upto 4 miles plus weight training afterwards currently have porridge with semi skimmed milk,snacks are normally a apple banana nuts crackers.could some1 point me into the right direction of a low carb diet plan/cook book please :)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi to every1 need help, I'm 5-8 11stone fit ;) and got diagnosed type 1 in july and when I left hospital all they was saying is you can eat what you want,this may be true but at the expense of having diabetic complications down the line.So I've been looking around the web and on here and most are on a low carb diet and its something I'm looking to imply into my diet.I'm very active in the morning running upto 4 miles plus weight training afterwards currently have porridge with semi skimmed milk,snacks are normally a apple banana nuts crackers.could some1 point me into the right direction of a low carb diet plan/cook book please :)
Hi , here is the info for new posters @daisy1 will give to you, and you will find a very good book: jenny rhuls diet 101, any more q's feel free

Reactions: 2 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
all they was saying is you can eat what you want,this may be true but at the expense of having diabetic complications down the line.
Whilst a Low carb diet does make it significantly easier to manage your diabetes, it is not strictly true that eating what you want will cause diabetic complications down the line. It won't if you are able to keep your blood glucose levels to within standard ranges (i.e. less than 7.8 mmol/l). Doing this while eating what you want is much harder, but there are plenty of people who do this and have done for many years without complications.

There are many approaches to Low Carb and possibly the easiest is to go and search on Facebook and pinterest for the term LCHF. You'll find many recipes that you can use.

Reactions: 2 people

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
Whilst a Low carb diet does make it significantly easier to manage your diabetes, it is not strictly true that eating what you want will cause diabetic complications down the line. It won't if you are able to keep your blood glucose levels to within standard ranges (i.e. less than 7.8 mmol/l). Doing this while eating what you want is much harder, but there are plenty of people who do this and have done for many years without complications.

There are many approaches to Low Carb and possibly the easiest is to go and search on Facebook and pinterest for the term LCHF. You'll find many recipes that you can use.

ty for that

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi , here is the info for new posters @daisy1 will give to you, and you will find a very good book: jenny rhuls diet 101, any more q's feel free
Please could you give me the name of the low carb cook book and any advice on low carb. Thanks for help