Low carb help..

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Hello, so I need to lose weight big time, I have tried slimming world and get nowhere or I cave in. I tried low carb years ago but lacked the support and because I'm a fussy eater (don't eat eggs, most salad) and then I feel I'm stuck with what to have say for breakfast and lunch, and I also found that I was feeling more hungry on it. I have read the thread on here explaining low carb but I just still feel stuck, but I really want to make this work!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Do you like bacon? Sausages? Mushrooms? Avocado?

D

Deleted member 83869

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
D

Deleted member 83869

D

Deleted member 83869

Oh and keep an aye on insulin needs if you do reduce carbs, may need to lower pump settings.
I will do thank you!
I feel like I am going to fail though, sounds silly but is it possible to do low carb on a very low budget - we currently live on £180 a fortnight as boyfriend lost his job due to them taking on too many people and he was one of the newest people taken on. :(

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will do thank you!
I feel like I am going to fail though, sounds silly but is it possible to do low carb on a very low budget - we currently live on £180 a fortnight as boyfriend lost his job due to them taking on too many people and he was one of the newest people taken on. :(

There are a few threads on LC on a budget, including one I started very recently, here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...mucho-cheapo-mains.163623/page-2#post-2035945

I'm certainly not suggesting that's the best one - very far from it, but it was easy for me to find.

D

Deleted member 83869

Reactions: DCUKMod

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
We’ll support you - whatever method you follow. There is a Friday weigh. In thread too if you feel like sharing results...

D

Deleted member 83869

We’ll support you - whatever method you follow. There is a Friday weigh. In thread too if you feel like sharing results...
Thank you! I need to sort my shopping list out for Friday's Tesco delivery, so hopefully I can begin to start soon!
Blueberries or strawberries and Greek yogurt is that low carb??

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Thank you! I need to sort my shopping list out for Friday's Tesco delivery, so hopefully I can begin to start soon!
Blueberries or strawberries and Greek yogurt is that low carb??
It is. Make sure it’s proper Greek yog, not a Greek style.
And tell us what the bridesmaids dress is like when you know!

D

Deleted member 83869

I shall - that's my breakfast's or lunches sorted then Love fruit and yogurt! And I will do!

D

Deleted member 83869

All I seem to be finding is greek style yog, is natural yog okay or???

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Are you doing an online shop? You can look up the nutrition if so.
There is a low fat natural yog in our fridge at the moment (husband eats it) which is 6.4g carb per 100g so that isn’t too bad. I prefer Fage or Skyr myself.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All I seem to be finding is greek style yog, is natural yog okay or???

Any plain, sugar free, full fat yoghurt will do. Check the carb content and you could always add double cream.