Low Carb Kickstarter

NannyA

Hi,
This is my first time of writing on this great forum, although I have been a member for sometime.

I have the ‘Kickstarter’, and I am thinking of getting the new ‘Low Carb Recipe Book’, but before I do, can anyone please let me know if the new Recipe Book contains those that are already provided in the Kickstarter? I don’t want to buy an expensive book if it duplicates too many of the recipes I already have.

I am new to the low carb way of life, but I am in need of losing a sizeable amount of weight, reducing my cholesterol, and my blood pressure, as well as my blood sugar/glucose level, and I am told that going ‘low carb’ is the way I should go.

My last blood test showed my HbA1c to be 49. My Practice Pharmacist said that technically this means I have Type 2 Diabetes, but at my request he agreed to do a re-test in 3 months, to give me the opportunity to get the no(s) down!

I have made a promising start, but am trying very hard to gain as much information as I can, in order to help me to keep it going.

Many thanks, and if you are able to help me, it would be very much appreciated.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
This is my first time of writing on this great forum, although I have been a member for sometime.

I have the ‘Kickstarter’, and I am thinking of getting the new ‘Low Carb Recipe Book’, but before I do, can anyone please let me know if the new Recipe Book contains those that are already provided in the Kickstarter? I don’t want to buy an expensive book if it duplicates too many of the recipes I already have.

I am new to the low carb way of life, but I am in need of losing a sizeable amount of weight, reducing my cholesterol, and my blood pressure, as well as my blood sugar/glucose level, and I am told that going ‘low carb’ is the way I should go.

My last blood test showed my HbA1c to be 49. My Practice Pharmacist said that technically this means I have Type 2 Diabetes, but at my request he agreed to do a re-test in 3 months, to give me the opportunity to get the no(s) down!

I have made a promising start, but am trying very hard to gain as much information as I can, in order to help me to keep it going.

Many thanks, and if you are able to help me, it would be very much appreciated.

I don't think anyone here will be able to give you a definitive answer to your issue, although from what I understand the new cook book is significantly bigger than the Kickstarter.

It's probably best to contact Head Office who will be much better placed to answer you. The online form for that is here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/contact.html

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As you are barely into diabetic numbers a few small changes should sort out your blood glucose levels - stopping eating grain, potatoes and high sugar fruits should be enough. If you get a blood glucose tester and check after eating you should see results very quickly, and then you can try reintroducing small amounts of higher carb foods to see what you can cope with.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As you are barely into diabetic numbers a few small changes should sort out your blood glucose levels - stopping eating grain, potatoes and high sugar fruits should be enough. If you get a blood glucose tester and check after eating you should see results very quickly, and then you can try reintroducing small amounts of higher carb foods to see what you can cope with.
I believe the OP @NannyA question is that she wants to know, if there are any differences in the contents between the two low carb recipe books before purchase, not what to do to get her bgls down.

Reactions: KK123

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe the OP @NannyA question is that she wants to know, if there are any differences in the contents between the two low carb recipe books before purchase, not what to do to get her bgls down.
'Am trying very hard to gain as much information as I can' to quote the OP.
I am happy to help in any way I can.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Yeah, I'd agree.

Plenty of recipes online for free.

Save the book money buy a meter if you haven't got one, and spend the cash on some decent food for those scrumptious recipes.

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
MrsA2, just thought I'd have a look at the free recipes on 'ketofitnessclub', and I'm impressed' they look really interesting. I was looking for new ideas. Thanks!

Reactions: jjraak and MrsA2