Low Carb lovely bread.

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Hi. I have found a wonderful delicious low carb bread. The Kingsmill Crustless brown. It has 45 cals and 7.3 carbs per slice and most importantly it tastes wonderful. Normal. Thought I’d let you kno in case you had not tried it. X.
I bought it from Sainsbury’s but I assume it is in all shops; gonna look in my shop (where I work) today. X

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. I have found a wonderful delicious low carb bread. The Kingsmill Crustless brown. It has 45 cals and 7.3 carbs per slice and most importantly it tastes wonderful. Normal. Thought I’d let you kno in case you had not tried it. X.
I bought it from Sainsbury’s but I assume it is in all shops; gonna look in my shop (where I work) today. X
7.3g a slice doesn't seem particularly low carb to me - depends on the definition of "a slice of bread" I guess but you can find anything from 6g to 13g quoted for ordinary bread in 10 seconds through google. I'd be more interested in the percentage of carbs by weight as an indicator here.

Jo123

Hi @SuNuman, that would be a little on the high side for me. Livlife bread is under 3.4 gms a slice, it's very seedy. you can get it from waitrose only at the moment unfortunately. I get a delivery and get a load for my freezer.

gooner10

Hi @SuNuman Well I thought I would give it a whirl this lunchtime it's been a while since I had any bread !! Tested blood beforehand 5.4 had two slices toasted with melted cheese tested again at one hour 6.9 then again at 2 hours back to 5.4 . Thank you for this @SuNuman . I will continue to monitor the consumption and blood levels . And as you say tastes wonderful .( But that was maybe because I haven't had bread for so long ) ;);)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I now buy my bread from this company (and no I don’t have shares!). It’s very tasty, can’t tell it’s low carb, but it is a little expensive. It freezes well too :hungry:
https://lowcarbfood.co/

Reactions: danziger

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Hi @SuNuman Well I thought I would give it a whirl this lunchtime it's been a while since I had any bread !! Tested blood beforehand 5.4 had two slices toasted with melted cheese tested again at one hour 6.9 then again at 2 hours back to 5.4 . Thank you for this @SuNuman . I will continue to monitor the consumption and blood levels . And as you say tastes wonderful .( But that was maybe because I haven't had bread for so long ) ;);)
This is the thing for me. It tastes normal and lovely. I’d sooner have one slice of this than 2 slices of the very low carb stuff that I detest lol. X

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Hi @SuNuman, that would be a little on the high side for me. Livlife bread is under 3.4 gms a slice, it's very seedy. you can get it from waitrose only at the moment unfortunately. I get a delivery and get a load for my freezer.
I saw it in Waitrose last week. Mayb next time I go there I will try it. X

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This is the thing for me. It tastes normal and lovely. I’d sooner have one slice of this than 2 slices of the very low carb stuff that I detest lol. X
That's fair: if your numbers are ok and you enjoy it, then it makes sense.