Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
CJ from the Egg heads
Shellfish
Leaving home without an umbrella
Hi,

I want to give myself a kick start in losing weight as i've piled the pounds on since I had a couple of rough patches meant increasing insulin doses therefore increasing my waistline.

I am currently using Metformin to try and get my doses down and my numbers in control but it's not settling well.

I want to try a Meal Replacement Diet for a while so that I know what my calorie and carb intake is easily,
I have tried various other ways including low-carb.

Can anyone recommend any good shakes which are low in carbs and sugar and not too offensive to the taste buds.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Havnt used them myself but remember someone who was doing the ND diet last year reccomending astral nutrition burner shakes
Id think being T1 youd have to be v careful using shakes tho

Shaleen J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been using shakeology since October- very filling, whole food and helped me drop from a hba1c of just under 10% (yeah I know!) to 9.1 (as of today).
It’s used to replace 1 meal (2 max if you insist) but also has meal plans for the remaining meals.

Happy to give you more information if you want.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi,

I want to give myself a kick start in losing weight as i've piled the pounds on since I had a couple of rough patches meant increasing insulin doses therefore increasing my waistline.

I am currently using Metformin to try and get my doses down and my numbers in control but it's not settling well.

I want to try a Meal Replacement Diet for a while so that I know what my calorie and carb intake is easily,
I have tried various other ways including low-carb.

Can anyone recommend any good shakes which are low in carbs and sugar and not too offensive to the taste buds.
This is just an idea. Could you make some shakes yourself using almond or coconut milk or do you want meal replacements so you keep temptation away?

MIQ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use this one sometimes but it says 17 grams of carbs per shake but I have to have 4 units of insulin instead of 2 (my ratio is 1 unit to 10 carbs)
IMG_1518902581.436270.jpg

megdowney407

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There's a brand I like called Advantage Edge. They're super low carb/sugar. They don't have a weird test if they're cold. :)

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I wouldn’t suggest any shakes as a type one. They would metabolise quite quickly. Even low carb ones would have quicker absorbing protein which will eventually spike sugars without enough insulin to cover.

Have you given dr Bernstein’s approach a go? There’s no need to skip anything or replace it with a shake and it’s really simple to see exactly what your putting into your body. How simple is 6g 12g 12g carbs at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Adequate protein is needed as well to keep your muscles from skrinking as well your waistline.