Low Carb Newbie

smallsuzie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could you give me a wee help to do that. Trued going into newly diagnosed but i dont have permission to post there?good luck with the bloods

Reactions: Prem51

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could you give me a wee help to do that. Trued going into newly diagnosed but i dont have permission to post there?good luck with the bloods
You may not have made enough posts to make a thread, standby.... @Rachox can you help please?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You should be able to make just a text post but no pictures or links yet. Can you clarify @DCUKMod ?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@smallsuzie - As you can see you have managed to post beautifully, and make a new thread. It takes a little longer before you can add files and so on.

Thanks for nudging me @Rachox .

Reactions: Rachox

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys and gals, wanted a bit of advice.

Basically I'm just over the borderline threshold and class as t2.

So been reading up on the low carb diet, as a way to get my blood glucose level under control as well as hypertension, with the overall goal to lose weight. I'm. 6ft2 and 19 st.

So back to low carb diet, I've been reading various things where they say bannana are OK but on here I'm getting idea they are not. My breakfast is usually a frozen banana with a generous table spoon of meridian peanut butter with skimmed milk in a smoothie. Is this OK?

Today I did a Mexican scrambled eggs for breakfast and my energy levels are really low, I have been doing walks of around 5 miles daily, but today I can barely stay awake.

If I was to have carbs in a bannana in morning to give me a bit of energy boost before my walk, would that be OK?

Tbh if could just be that in this heat I slightly overdone the exercise and need a day off the walks.

Whats your thoughts?

Cheers
James
I was told only green bananas as they are less sweet but i hate green ones and their my favourite fruit of all i rarely touch fruit.