Low Carb Ready meals

fiona35

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m really suffering with Long Covid & fatigue at the moment and am too tired to cook anything proper to eat.
I don’t eat breakfast and for lunch/dinner I’m having soup, boiled eggs, cheese, nuts or Surreal Cereal.
I was hoping that someone could suggest some low carb ready meals I can ping in a microwave for dinner.
Thanks

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Hi, I won't say that there are none, but I've never seen one. In fact ready meals are almost always extra high in carbs - both fillers and also sugars to make them tasty.

TheSecretCarbAddict

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't recommend any ready meals, but I like meals that are easy and quick to make. My formula is generally as follows. I start with salad base (lettuce, cucumber, a couple of baby plum tomatoes, a few olives, a bit of avocado if I have some, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and olive oil each) and then a source of protein usually quickly fried on the pan - thin steak, bacon and egg, salmon fillet, halloumi cheese, tofu. Literally takes minutes to prepare, tasty, and keeps me full. I know it's not answering the question you asked, but hopefully, it gives you some inspiration.
20240618_140741.jpg
20240617_180941.jpg
20240608_163325.jpg

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a company who do keto home cooked meals but you have to buy the breakfast, lunch & dinner or lunch & dinner, set menu though you can swap out meals you don’t like . I’ve had them on a couple of occasions and they are tasty and not full of nasties. They may be good for you short term depending on your appetite- they are filling but I added extra veg.

Google Keto kitchen Lytham

Rachox

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There’s the Low Carb Food Company. I’ve only ever bought their bakery products, but here’s a link to their ready meals:

Reactions: fiona35

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m really suffering with Long Covid & fatigue at the moment and am too tired to cook anything proper to eat.
I don’t eat breakfast and for lunch/dinner I’m having soup, boiled eggs, cheese, nuts or Surreal Cereal.
I was hoping that someone could suggest some low carb ready meals I can ping in a microwave for dinner.
Thanks

I was in M&S yesterday and they have some very pleasant looking ready prepped salads. Not just the usual Nicsoise or such like, but Naked Chicken Kebab, and Vietnamese prawn thing and a couple of others I have forgotton.

The chicken had cauli rice in it, with carbs counted at 9gr carb per portion. The prawns were a little more.

I couldn't sample as the ones I looked at were not gluten free.

Don't turn your back on tins at times like these. Maybe worth a scan on the bis supermarket's websites. From memory, Tesco has a Moussaka thing that wasn't too bad, but it all very much depends where you have set your low carb dials.

fiona35

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you all for the lovely replies, will check out some of the sites and suggestions you have all recommended.

• Friendly
Reactions: Rachox

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all for the lovely replies, will check out some of the sites and suggestions you have all recommended.
You should be able to find decent cauliflower cheese in the "luxury" parts of supermarket ready meaks.

If you like Indian food, some curries are OK, depending on the sauces, and just swerve the rice. Served in a bowl, I'm happy with just curry. Sandwich fillings, with some of the seeded crackers folks rave about?

Do you have any casseroles or soups in your freezer you could raid?

Stir fry isn't a ready meal, but it can be done in five minutes, from a bag of pre-prepared supermarket stir fry mix, the chuck in some prawns, or cooked chicken, which you could also buy cooked. Turn an egg through it for additional protein.

Maybe not no cook, but pretty minimal.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aldi do bags of long life, vacuum packed cauli or brocolli rice too.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tescos do individual portions of frozen cauliflower rice (4 per bag) which you just put in the microwave. Handy for fried rice or to have with curry or Chilli con carne etc

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tescos do individual portions of frozen cauliflower rice (4 per bag) which you just put in the microwave. Handy for fried rice or to have with curry or Chilli con carne etc
I use these, so convenient as I only have Cauli rice now & then, great if your in a rush or can’t be bothered. Never do my own Cauli rice now

Reactions: Daphne917