• cottage cheese - 2 cups
  • egg - 3 pieces.
  • sour cream - 1 cup
  • butter - 50g
  • salt.

31.gif
33.gif

To cook barley porridge with cream cheese should:

Barley grits add water (1-1.5 cups) and cook until soft. Then add in the porridge and cottage cheese mass mix well. Add eggs, sour cream, salt, and again mix well. Lubricate the form of butter or frying pan, put in the prepared mass and bake in the oven for 30 - 35 minutes. When serving pour any sweet sauce.
http://www.gotovim.ru/recepts/groats/fine-barley/6918.shtml

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
Russian sweet cottage cheese bake
  • Servings: 3-4
  • Time: <1hr
  • Print

If you’ve got a chunky and dry cottage cheese – push it through a sieve or stir with electric blender into a smooth mixture.
Ingredients
450-500g cottage cheese
40g butter, melted
2 medium eggs
3 tbsp white caster sugar
2 tbsp semolina (I used coarse, but fine is ok, too)
2-3 tbsp milk, warm
3 tbsp sour cream
a pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract or any other vanilla
50g raisins/currants
Glaze (optional)
1 egg yolk
1tsp icing sugar
Garnish
sour cream or sweet condensed milk
icing sugar, if desired
Method
  • In a small cup, soak semolina in warm milk for 5 minutes. Add sour cream and mix well.
  • In a other small cup, soak raisins in hot black tea or water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
  • In a bowl, beat eggs with sugar and salt until pale and creamy, allow sugar to dissolve.
  • In a large bowl, smooth cottage cheese with a folk or electric blender, add butter and mix. Add beaten eggs and vanilla, mix to combine. Add semolina and raisins, and combine.
  • Grease the baking dish with some butter or oil, pour the mixture in and bake in preheated 200C oven for 25 minutes. At this step check the color of your bake: if its top is still pale, brush the bake with glaze and put the dish back into the oven for 15 minutes or until golden-brown; if top is already golden-brown, omit the glaze and bake for 10-15 minutes more.
  • Cut the cottage cheese bake into slices. Serve warm or cold with a dollop of sour cream, if desired. It’s also tasty to pour over some sweet condensed milk (instead of sour cream).
Enjoy!
https://milkandbun.com/2015/02/10/1476/

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
I am not Russian BTW.

Russian Cheesecake - Zapekanka
INGREDIENTScottage cheese (small curd)

• 4tablespoons butter (softened, divided)

• DIRECTIONS
      1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
      2. Drain cottage cheese in a sieve.
      3. Mix sugar and 2 Tbsp butter. Add eggs, semolina and 3 tsp vanilla sugar.
      4. Gently stir in curds then fold in raisins.
      5. Grease a 9-inch round pan with butter, coat with flour. Carefully pour mixture into pan, smooth evenly.
      6. Bake on middle rack for 30 minutes.
      7. Melt remaining butter. Pour on top, spreading evenly. Broil for 5 minites to brown top.
      8. Mix sour cream with vanilla sugar and sugar. Serve like whipped cream. (Dollop on top or on side).
        • Topping
        • 1cup sour cream
        • 1(1/3 ounce) envelope vanilla sugar or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
        • 3tablespoons Splenda granularor 3 tablespoons sugar
        • Semolina is added for texture and it is better to soak it for couple of hours in water or overnight.

Last edited by a moderator:

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
You "ugh!!! " sprouts and garlic, I enjoy both. Sprouts tossed in butter & almonds & garlic goes in so much of my cooking!! Good thing we're all different.
I boil Mung bean sprouts ( I sprout them myself)> liquidize them, Add a bit of butter and spices and make cream soup 6 carbs per serving. I love it.

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
The above recipes are not for D, but some have very little flower, and some the flower can be substituted with almond flower.
Sugar obviously you can substitute with sweetener.
If any one tries some recipe please let me know if you liked them.

Jingerbird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm so happy I found this thread. I have just started with the whole low carb stuff. I didn't realize that low carb meant anything other than meat, vegetables and salad. Now if one of you could come up with pizza that won't spike my blood sugar, I would die a very happy woman :p

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
I'm so happy I found this thread. I have just started with the whole low carb stuff. I didn't realize that low carb meant anything other than meat, vegetables and salad. Now if one of you could come up with pizza that won't spike my blood sugar, I would die a very happy woman :p
There are starchy vegetables also . What you can eat, and how much, only your meter will tell you. That is why it is important to measure before 1 and 2 hr after all new foods, and keep records.
Try and read a lot and educate yourself to avoid future complications.
I make a pizza with eggplant, or courgettes, fried slices until soft at the base.

D

debrasue

EASY SUGAR-FREE ALMOND MACAROONS

INGREDIENTS

180g ground almonds
30g soy flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 teasp baking powder
4 egg whites
130g Triple-Zero Stevia
Blanched almonds to decorate

METHOD
Pre-heat the oven to 140oC. Line a baking tray with silicone paper or parchment.
Beat the egg whites until foamy. Put the other ingredients into a bowl with 1/2 of the egg whites and mix until combined. Add the second 1/2 of the egg whites and mix until combined.
Shape the mixture into 12 balls.
Place the balls 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheet. Brush all over with cold water and then press an almond onto the top of each and flatten slightly. Dust with a little stevia.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned (they won't spread). (Take care not to overbake)
Remove from the oven onto a wire rack to cool.

40 cals/1.2g carbs each

Attachments

• 002 (3).JPG
    002 (3).JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 343
D

debrasue

Easy Cheesy Courgettes

2 large courgettes
200ml double cream
120g grated Cheddar cheese

Wash and slice the courgettes. Tip them (raw) into an ovenproof dish.
Melt the cheese and the cream together in the microwave for 2 minutes on High.
Whisk cream & cheese mixture with a hand whisk until smooth - add a little cold water if the mixture is too thick. (Should be the same sort of consistency as Yorkshire pudding batter.)
Pour the cream & cheese mixture over the courgettes and top with a little grated Cheddar.
Bake at 170C for 20 minutes, until browned. (The courgettes will have cooked but will retain a slight 'bite'.)

Serves 2: 380 cals, 3.2g carbs per serving

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 351
D

debrasue

Celeriac Boulangère

1 celeriac, peeled and thinly sliced
50g salted butter
Garlic (I used garlic paste)
½ teasp Thyme (fresh or dried)
½ chicken Oxo cube
Freshly ground black pepper
Splash of dry white wine
Grated parmesan

Boil the celeriac in salted water for 5 minutes. Strain well.
Melt the butter, add the garlic, thyme, Oxo and wine, and mix with the celeriac until it is coated.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer into an ovenproof dish without adding too much of the melted butter.
Top with parmesan and black pepper.
Bake at 170C for 20-30 minutes, until browned,

Serves 2
Cals 97, carbs 2.4g per serving

Attachments

• 003 - Copy.JPG
    003 - Copy.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 421
Reactions: 2 people
D

debrasue

No-tella : Low carb, guilt-free Nutella:

Two 80g Chocologic sugar-free dark chocolate bars
1 jar almond butter
2 tbsp Monin sugar-free Caramel syrup
2 tbsp double cream

Melt the chocolate and blend with the other ingredients.
Leave to cool.
Enjoy!
:)

90 cals/1.5g carbs per tbsp

Reactions: 4 people