Low carb wonders - I stopped nibbling my fingernails

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
I'm also enjoying fewer but longer wees (blush)
I hadnt realised how often and little I was going. I had put it down to being female of a certain age
That's great news. I hadn't noticed but now I think about it, I'm sure this applies to me too. I haven't need to dive into the bushes for a wee on country walks recently.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's great news. I hadn't noticed but now I think about it, I'm sure this applies to me too. I haven't need to dive into the bushes for a wee on country walks recently.

Now that is a benefit I’m still waiting to obtain!

annmcs

Great advice on here i am a big eater of Carbs must try and cut down but i seem to feel hungrier if i don't have any. I have Porridge with bran in the morning.. lunch is usually bread Roll and cold meat or scrambled or boiled egg.. dinner is always accompanied with small measured boiled potatoes or lowfat oven Chips. But night time is a bigger problem . Will try now and cut ir all back . Never knew Blueberries had more Carbs than Raspberries tho'. Thanks everybody learning a lot here x

Jo123

@SaskiaKC I use roasted courgettes as a side, slice them, toss in lots of olive oil, roast for 20 mins at 190 (fan oven) add a load of roughly chopped garlic, roast for another 20 mins. It's really tasty side.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC I use roasted courgettes as a side, slice them, toss in lots of olive oil, roast for 20 mins at 190 (fan oven) add a load of roughly chopped garlic, roast for another 20 mins. It's really tasty side.

Thank you. That sounds delicious!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm also enjoying fewer but longer wees (blush)
I hadnt realised how often and little I was going. I had put it down to being female of a certain age

That is interesting. Here in the US I see a lot of TV commercials for a drug for "overactive bladder." The women in the ads are always "of a certain age." I'd never thought before about it being down to carbs. I really wish women could get the message to consider changing their diet before adding another drug to their pharmacopia.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I wish I liked low-carb meals but I just don't. The LC substitutes for carby sides make me gag. I really envy people who can eat LC meals. I wish I could!
I don't often eat the standard LC substitutes. I simply eat more veggies and sometimes more meat/meat 'replacers'. Why not eat the cauliflower or cougette the way you like them as an extra side dish instead of trying to turn them into spaghetti or rice if you don't like it?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't often eat the standard LC substitutes. I simply eat more veggies and sometimes more meat/meat 'replacers'. Why not eat the cauliflower or cougette the way you like them as an extra side dish instead of trying to turn them into spaghetti or rice if you don't like it?

Elkaar lang niet gezien.