1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Low Carbing - Carb Intake

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Listlad, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Spl@

Spl@ Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Hardly a giant at 6' and 11 1/2 stone.

2. Listlad

Listlad Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Okay a 6 footer. That’s 1ft 2” taller than my other half.

Yes, you are a good weight. Fantastic. I have some catching up to do to match that.

3. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

I was diagnosed T2 the day I was admitted to hospital with a AFib moment, I did not really pay attention what my GP was going on about at the time.

The day after I was admitted, the hospital were running a ship load of blood tests for various bits and pieces and confirmed T2, and they also put me across the scales where I weighed 102 kgs.

I managed to get the weight down to 98 kgs after a while, GP happy, CDE was happy, along came low carb and I ripped ripped the weight down to about 90 kgs. I got my Levi jeans waist size down from 107 cms to 102 cms, but a bit loose. I increased my carbs and protein and got my weight back up to 95 kgs where I have been for a while.

It took a lot of beer over the years to build my gut. Sniff! :D

4. Listlad

LOL

I chucked all my Levi’s out. Didn’t think I would fit in them ever again.

5. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

I have a pair of trousers still that I bought in 1986, a 98 cm waist I would like to get back in them.

A gay barman at the club I drank at, said I looked rather "swish" in them with the particular shirt I had on. :D

6. Listlad

I had a cream pair of Levi’s I bought so long ago I cannot remember. I think they were a 34 “ waist 86cms? Not sure what that is in cms. I was a skinny git when I was in my 20s. I kept them and kept them for years then stuck them in the local charity shop a couple of years ago.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook