Low carbs day 6 and...

SheilaCanning

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My calves are super achy! Is this a thing? I am drinking plenty of water and have added salt to my diet but the last couple of days my calves are really achy when I walk although fine when I'm sitting.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you walking more than usual? Stretching before and after? If you’re not getting cramps, it’s unlikely the soreness is due to lack of electrolytes.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My calves are super achy! Is this a thing? I am drinking plenty of water and have added salt to my diet but the last couple of days my calves are really achy when I walk although fine when I'm sitting.

Is the walking a newish thing?

It might be (and I feel rather nasty for saying it) that your muscles are being used rather more than they are used to.... please don't be angry if I'm wrong but...

Reactions: zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

It might be (and I feel rather nasty for saying it) that your muscles are being used rather more than they are used to.... please don't be angry if I'm wrong but...
....and if that's the case it's a sign that muscles are strengthening which will be great long term.

Reactions: SheilaCanning

SheilaCanning

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks guys! I am walking and trying to get daily steps up but I've been doing that for a month or so now and always walked fairly regularly anyway. Perhaps that's it though - reassuring to hear it would be cramps if it was the diet. Just wanted to check if I needed to be doing anything different. On we go!

I've lost 5 pounds so far which feels very good indeed. Thanks for all the info and support.

SheilaCanning

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Not angry at all! It's a fair question. Thank you. :)

Reactions: bulkbiker

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Sometimes doing keto can cause dehydration or deficiency in minerals such as magnesium and or Pottassium so you could try magnesium spray when it occurs or add magnesium supplements Same with potassium but you need to be mindful of potassium if you have kidney disease, and heart issues as too much is not good blood tests can confirm if deficient also other factors but

I found this information which may be of help https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/leg-cramps

Reactions: SheilaCanning