DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok will do , thank you

Petal, I'm not a cereal fan myself, so I can't offer you anything there, but I know my colleague, @Rachox makes a low carb porridge several people have adopted over the months.

Hopefully, Rachox will drop in and post a link to her recipe, but I know she's pretty tied up on various things at the moment, so please be patient.

I do agree with the others, it'd been good to get those carbs down a bit if you can. Those tend to be the things that push our bloods up.

Can you cook? Do you cook much?

Duffysmum

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I’m looking for help I’m really struggling at the moment with my meals and this is causing me to not stick to it ....doesn’t seem to change my blood sugar levels whatever I eat normal or low carb
I’m not seeing my consultant till November as my appointment as been rescheduled..
I take
metformin twice a day 850 mg
Gliclazide 160 mg twice a day
Atorvastatin 1 a day though there is nothing wrong with my heart or cholestrol I was told this was to prevent it

My husband is on exact same meds and I just posted his intake and BS today - just can’t work it out (we are vegetarian trying low carb)

I hope someone can offer some help!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I’m looking for help I’m really struggling at the moment with my meals and this is causing me to not stick to it ....doesn’t seem to change my blood sugar levels whatever I eat normal or low carb
I’m not seeing my consultant till November as my appointment as been rescheduled..
I take
metformin twice a day 850 mg
Gliclazide 160 mg twice a day
Atorvastatin 1 a day though there is nothing wrong with my heart or cholestrol I was told this was to prevent it
Statins will increase blood sugar in some people. My hba1c rose from 48 at diagnosis to 54. It came down after I stopped taking them due to other side effects. I took them because “all diabetics should be on them”. I no longer take them and my GP has annotated my notes as statin intolerant as we don’t want to risk my hba1c rising again.