Low fat low carb for me.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I eat chicken, duck, beef, lamb, bacon, pork sausages and seafood, cod, salmon, tuna, mackerel...... and haddock occasionally.
I think I will go back to my alpo almond and coconut milk then.
I'm not sure on coconut milk but it should say on the container.
You might want to focus on some lighter proteins like fish, turkey, chicken and eat less duck, bacon, beef and pork sausage. They make pretty good turkey and chicken sausage with far less saturated fat. Saturated is the hardest for our bodies to burn off too. Plant fats like avocado, nuts and seeds, olives etc are easier. I forgot, do you like avocado? Almond butter? Perhaps replacing a few saturated fats with mono fats will help as well.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just my takeaway from reading about healthy cholesterol levels for women - also if your other cholesterol is 1, that means your HDL (protective) is very low. The epidemiological evidence suggests that women as they age are healthier with higher cholesterol. Especially getting to OAP age like me. Also low cholesterol has a very worrying association with cancer.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I got cancer and it wasn't from low cholesterol!! Mine only dived down after it was removed...
Now on a anti cancer tablet that can cause high cholesterol.. Thanks for reminding me.. Hopefully it will have raised my low cholesterol...

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got cancer and it wasn't from low cholesterol!! Mine only dived down after it was removed...
Now on a anti cancer tablet that can cause high cholesterol.. Thanks for reminding me.. Hopefully it will have raised my low cholesterol...
There's no suggestion of causation - just that the two can be associated. A bit of a chicken and egg thing - which came first? Cholesterol is used by many repair processes in the body, so maybe a lot of it gets "chewed up" fighting against cancer?