Lucozade replacement ideas

Dana_Heath

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've done it- I've officially emptied B&M of all of their full-sugar orange Lucozades.
I've got a cupboard and a pantry full of the stuff but of course- I'm slowly going through them,
Before I do, I need, need, NEED ideas about what to use as a replacement so I'm desperately looking here for help.

++++++++++++
glucotabs (or similar) make me sick
nothing edible

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Dana_Heath . I buy glucose powder from Holland and Barrett, store it in a Tupperware pot.
If I feel I'm going low, I mix 3/4 teaspoons in water with a splash of orange cordial.
Works a treat and isn't sickly sweet.

Reactions: sassycat

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Orange juice (not the cordial.) works for me! The type with no pith?
Dried fruit like sultanas and raisins. Or those dried banana chips will kick me up too..

But I can empathise you gotta go when your low with what one's comfortable with!

Last edited:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Full sugar Coke.

There's also GlucoJuice, I bought some last year and it works extremely fast, rather than buy it in the likes of Boots look on-line if interested, I bought a dozen bottles from Amazon which worked out a lot cheaper than buying the GlucoJuice individually.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
To be honest, if you prefer the orange luco, you'll still be able to use the new stuff, only you'll have to drink a bit more than the old stuff to get the same amount of carbs. It's still got plenty of sugar in it. I've always tended to use the pink lemonade version, works fine, and it's always been about the same as the new orange version.

Saw some of the new orange stuff in Tesco today, 8.9 g per 100ml, so about 110 ml for 10g, which'll do fine for most mild hypos. Sure, that's about twice the old money, but 110 ml is still only about 2/3 of a water cooler cup, so we're not talking huge amounts.

Ain't much difference between scoofing a third of a cup and two thirds of a cup that size!