Maintaining Weight Loss

ivan 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Six months after diagnosis (type 2) and a coronary.

Lost 40 lb on low carb diet and still losing weight.

All results significantly improved.

What to do in the future ?

Cannot lose weight forever and,on the other hand,cannot add more calories with carbs.

Possibly more fat.

What`s your experience ?

Thank you

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Six months after diagnosis (type 2) and a coronary.

Lost 40 lb on low carb diet and still losing weight.

All results significantly improved.

What to do in the future ?

Cannot lose weight forever and,on the other hand,cannot add more calories with carbs.

Possibly more fat.

What`s your experience ?

Thank you

Hi Ivan - Personally, when I didn't wat to lose any more, I upped the portions of everything, just a bit. When that wasn't enough I upped my protein a bit, then when that didn't work, I upped the fats.

When it comes to it, only change one thing at a time, else you will have no clue what worked. I've maintained my weight very steadily for about 4 years, as have several others, so it can be done.

I'd suggest you plan ahead and maybe start trying to maintain beforre you get to your target, so that if your path fllows mine (with more losss), you don't end up lighter than your ideal. If you stall before you get to taarget, you can always dial back your latest increase and hopefully start losing again, but nobody wants to yo-yo.

I ended up skinny, but I've got used to it now. Good luck with it all.

ivan 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for very sound advice.
I have about 10 lb more to reach optimal BMI.
Never back to carbs,though.Fatty fish and nuts will do.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @ivan 2 when I hit my initial weight loss target I hadn’t planned properly about what I needed to do to maintain and I almost accidentally went on to lose another half stone however I kind of eventually seemed to hit a point my body was happy with and lots of people say this lighter weight (bmi20.1) suits my frame. All I’ve done to maintain is eat in similar percentages re fat, protein and continue less than 20g of carbs which lost me the weight but stopped the intermittent fasting I was doing on a regular basis. I now eat three meals a day and my body seems very happy with it.
I feel when you get to that point your body will work with you to try and stabilise well that’s what mine seems to be doing for now! It’s probably worth trying out a few things and making changes one at a time to see what works for you. I know that when I did the low fat diets in the last - of which I did very many! - every time I went back to eating normal amounts my weight piled back on but this time I’m staying the same feels a bit like some sort of miracle to be honest.........