Making changes

mrnbra

So I've been a type 2 Diabetic for a few years now but I've had no support in getting through it and needing some inspiration from others by avoiding all the bad and changing the good and I need to get off all these meds for it too

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings, this is a great first step.
Can you tell us your last HbA1c, diet & lifestyle ?

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If it helps, I have been keto since February except for some bad eating in August. My meds have been reduced significantly, and my A1C is now in the pre-diabetic range. I've heard from hundreds of T2s on here and on other social media groups who have all made tremendous improvements through low carb and/or fasting therapies. The standard of care is changing, and it appears T2 is not the inevitable chronic progressive disease we were told it is.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @mrnbra

Are there particular things you need help with? Things that you were doing before that helped, but for whatever reason now prove harder to do? Or are you looking for a change to something different?

What you eat will likely have the biggest impact on your blood sugars. I’d recommend reducing carbs - take a look at www.dietdoctor.com for ideas.

Are you still taking the ozempic? That could impact on any dietary changes, so you’ll need to keep an eye on your response to any changes in diet.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I've been a type 2 Diabetic for a few years now but I've had no support in getting through it and needing some inspiration from others by avoiding all the bad and changing the good and I need to get off all these meds for it too

Inspiration? Well... A lot of us are doing pretty good on low carb/high fat, and rather enjoy the meals we eat... Plus, it was nice to be able to tie my shoes again without my gut pushing into my lungs as I bent over, getting some more energy again to do stuff, becoming more stable mentally, and just not being ill all the time. There's more going on with me than just the diabetes, but it's the one condition I can actually manage. The rest, not so much! You can certainly have a say in the progression, or remission, of yours!
Good luck,
Jo
PS: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ might help.