Making own milk for cappuccinos

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel a bit silly posting this as I may be the only person out there who hasn’t already done this. For the past 4 months I’ve avoided all milk because of its carb content including full fat and stuck firmly with double cream. I’ve been missing cappuccinos but as only have small amount of double cream it was impractical to froth it so gave them up ! I drink a lot of coffee so would be a lot of cream a day if frothed the cream! I’ve tried almond milk unsweetened and coconut cream but to me they are not the same I know many love them but I don’t. I’ve started today an experiment to water down my standard serving of double cream to make a creamy milk - so that it has the same carbs as usual in the cream ie low and it whisked up fairly well - success cappuccinos are back on the menu. Now also thinking this method would do a good hot chocolate. There may be one other person who hasn’t thought of this idea out there who may appreciate this tip ?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks for sharing.

I might experiment with whipping cream and thick creams too. Might have to check carb contents thou.
I prefer frothy hot chocolate drinks to cappuccino but your idea is great. Love it.
Might put grated 90% chocolate on top of your cappuccino to make a mocha. My most fav coffee from Costa. No substitute til now?

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @shelley262 I’m of the same mind. But I bought Lacto full fat and mix that with my double cream. Very indulgent. But as a treat it’s on the menu. Will try watering down the cream though. X

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for sharing.

I might experiment with whipping cream and thick creams too. Might have to check carb contents thou.
I prefer frothy hot chocolate drinks to cappuccino but your idea is great. Love it.
Might put grated 90% chocolate on top of your cappuccino to make a mocha. My most fav coffee from Costa. No substitute til now?
I’m already having the small amount of double cream with my daily coffee allowance so it dosent change my carb content. I stick to under 20g of carb a day most days. Hope it works for hot choc too presume as long as enough fat in there it will whisk up I remember that when had milk based cappuccinos the whisk was better in full fat rather than skimmed!