Managing Diabetes On The Bike

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nicki92 - I ride and agree it's a pain point. You could set up low alert alarm above usual levels on librelink app on your phone and either have that visible or earphones to listen for those but it's not ideal. What I'd really like is real time view, but as far as I know that's not possible without physically scanning sensor which is mayhem on the go. Someone somewhere must have hacked this stuff and come up with an answer.. If I find something, I'll share

Reactions: miahara

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I carry my Libre Reader in my cycling jacket pocket and it alerts me if I'm trending towards too low. Once upon a time before Libre 2, I'd stop every 30 mins and test my BG. I also carry a phone but that's to record my stats on Strava and for emergency calls if needed.

marty313

I recently bought a MiaoMiao after seeing it here: https://diabetes.gifts/the-perfect-christmas-gift-for-type-1-diabetics/?amp=1 and I am able to get my blood glucose to show up on my Apple Watch every 5 minutes. I use it when cycling all the time! Not quite a bike computer but hope it helps
I, too, bought a MiaoMiao to get continuous readings from an Abbot Libre 2. However, 2 Abbot 2 sensors died early and I stopped using MiaoMiao as I could not exclude a causal connection.
I was lucky that I was upgraded to Abbot Libre 3, which has continuous alarms. Getting your glucose on my Garmin Forerunner 955 requires some tweaks but is possible if you have a mobile data plan.