Many Thanks, Louise. LC Programme.

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Many thanks to Louise (sorry I don't know your full username) for emailing me the low carb programme each week. I can't remember asking for it and haven't been very interactive with it. But....I did watch all of the videos and I did slowly drag my carb intake down from (I thought moderate already) 200g per day to mostly below 120g per day (with occasional lapses). This has let me obtain a post diagnoses personal best 2 hour and 3 hour BG reading of around 6.5 on one occasion and regular 2 hour 7.5s, with which I'm delighted. As I've only been achieving these carb levels for a week or two, I think my readings will get even better eventually.

At Christmas, my HbA1c level was 65, and my doctor gave me a target of 58 to achieve in three months or we would have to consider increasing/new medication. I'm delighted to say that I've just had the test results back and this week I'm at 48! Again, as I've only just started to achieve these carb levels, and this test provides a (weighted) couple of months average, I'm almost sure I'll do much better next time if I can keep it up.

Many thanks Louise. I'm sure it sometimes feels like a thankless task sending stuff out and hearing nothing but please keep on doing it. It has really helped me.

Reactions: 9 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Congratulations @Dougie22 , excellent results.

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! That's brilliant! Keep us informed of your progress won't you? It's great to know the program has worked for you. :)

Reactions: 2 people