Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Weighing day No. 3 for me

This week I have lost only 3lbs making a total lost since beginning the ND of 13lbs

Monday 14th August - my BMI was 34.7
Monday 21st August - my BMI was 33.1
Monday 28th August - my BMI is 32.6

My waist is now 2.5 inches less than it was when I started

FBGs as follows:

22.08.17 - 7.2
23.08.17 - 6.3
24.08.17 - 6.7
25.08.17 - 4.9
26.08.17 - 5.2
27.08.17 - 5.7
28.08.17 - 5.7 - (today)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have just found that if I use the NHS BMI calculator on line (which I normally do) it calculates my BMI as less than the NHS BMI ap - really annoying... I'm sticking with the main website ap for the moment until I find the time to browse around and try other calculators.

I might do a fasting day this week - skip breakfast and lunch and just have dinner. Nothing to do with the diet really, its just that I've got people coming for dinner one evening and I'd like to eat a bit more at dinner. (Yes, I know, not really a good enough reason for fasting.)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

This week I have lost only 3lbs making a total lost since beginning the ND of 13lbs

FBGs as follows:

22.08.17 - 7.2
23.08.17 - 6.3
24.08.17 - 6.7
25.08.17 - 4.9
26.08.17 - 5.2
27.08.17 - 5.7
28.08.17 - 5.7 - (today)

Wow, that's great. Have been following both your and @marathonmona's progress with interest.

Reactions: Freema

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2

FBGs as follows:

22.08.17 - 7.2
23.08.17 - 6.3
24.08.17 - 6.7
25.08.17 - 4.9
26.08.17 - 5.2
27.08.17 - 5.7
28.08.17 - 5.7 - (today)

Chook!!
Congratulations!
You've lost nearly a stone girl. That's amazing!! I might join you in a 24 hour fast next week; I did a few a couple of months back and must say I felt more alert at work.

Reactions: Freema

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Bank Holiday morning to ya!
Well, end of two weeks and:
Ten and a half pound off!
FBG at the start 8.2, now 5.6
Two inches off my waist.

Brilliant!! We're both getting there. :) :)

I actually really love the waist measurement - its nice to know that all that plodge has gone from around my liver and pancras.

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Brilliant!! We're both getting there. :) :)

I actually really love the waist measurement - its nice to know that all that plodge has gone from around my liver and pancras.

'Plodge'. Love it
I wouldn't mind getting one of those fat measuring scales.
Keep going!
It's my last day off today. Yikes...

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have just found that if I use the NHS BMI calculator on line (which I normally do) it calculates my BMI as less than the NHS BMI ap - really annoying... I'm sticking with the main website ap for the moment until I find the time to browse around and try other calculators.

I think it is best to just forget about BMI and only consider waist measurement, otherwise, someone doing, for example, body building thinks they are increasing their risk of diabetes! BMI tells us very little about our health, it is only useful when you care about the adverse health of a large number of people.

I might do a fasting day this week - skip breakfast and lunch and just have dinner. Nothing to do with the diet really, its just that I've got people coming for dinner one evening and I'd like to eat a bit more at dinner. (Yes, I know, not really a good enough reason for fasting.)

I think that is one reason why intermittent fasting works so well, as it copes with real life after all a life without feasts and celebrations is not much of a life.....

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Same here - I've asked Mr C to put them on my Christmas list. I think they are about £45 on Amazon. He thinks I'm getting a bit obsessed with it.

I'm just enjoying a day in the sun and a bit of gardening. I picked, chopped, blanched and froze 2kg of runner beans this morning and made a vat of fat free chunky tomato and onion sauce, also for the freezer. I've got so many courgettes that I don't know what to do with them. My neighbours have started hiding from me when I knock on their doors carrying bags of vegetables. :eek:

Awww - it won't be long til half term. Do you teach or are you on the admin side?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Same here - I've asked Mr C to put them on my Christmas list. I think they are about £45 on Amazon. He thinks I'm getting a bit obsessed with it.

I'm just enjoying a day in the sun and a bit of gardening. I picked, chopped, blanched and froze 2kg of runner beans this morning and made a vat of fat free chunky tomato and onion sauce, also for the freezer. I've got so many courgettes that I don't know what to do with them. My neighbours have started hiding from me when I knock on their doors carrying bags of vegetables. :eek:

Awww - it won't be long til half term. Do you teach or are you on the admin side?
courgette chips...brilliant fried in goose fat.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ohhhh excellent idea - I've got as goose fat - I just need to see if I can fit them in to my 800 calories.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ohhhh excellent idea - I've got as goose fat - I just need to see if I can fit them in to my 800 calories.
You could bake them in the oven until your dieting is past.. fewer cals just drizzle in a little olive oil and sprinkle on some salt.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's my favourite way to have courgettes :) I wish I could freeze them (because we have so many) but I've never been able to do it successfully. One year I tried blanching and freezing but they fell apart, then last year I tried chargrilling them but they were very slimey when I defrosted some so I threw the rest away.

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2

It's such a beautiful day isn't it. And you've been very productive, I must say.

I teach English at a secondary school

B

badcat

My diabetes consultant told me that all of the nhs healthy / overweight / obese categories are complete and utter rubbish made up on the back of a fag packet!
According to the nhs graphs etc im (just) inside the overweight band and would need to lose about 2 stone to get out of it - my consultant however says that with my musculature and bone density I couldnt safely lose more than about 10 ponds! At last a medic who talks sense about weight! Guess what my weight loss target is

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chook

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2

FBGs as follows:

22.08.17 - 7.2
23.08.17 - 6.3
24.08.17 - 6.7
25.08.17 - 4.9
26.08.17 - 5.2
27.08.17 - 5.7
28.08.17 - 5.7 - (today)