Mastering Diabetes Programme

Jakeinhd1995

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

I am still toying with the idea of low carb...but I have come across the following book from Amazon which advocates a high carb (plant based) diet...

What's everyone's thoughts?

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
If you are in remission (as your info says) then why change what you are currently doing?

I have read that the MD guys re-define insulin resistance in order to be able to show that low carb increases it and high carb reduces it.

My personal diabetes expert says low carb good, high carb bad. Note my personal diabetes expert is my BG meter and is what I follow regardless of what doctors or dieticians say.

Jakeinhd1995

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are in remission (as your info says) then why change what you are currently doing?

I have read that the MD guys re-define insulin resistance in order to be able to show that low carb increases it and high carb reduces it.

My personal diabetes expert says low carb good, high carb bad. Note my personal diabetes expert is my BG meter and is what I follow regardless of what doctors or dieticians say.
Basically because I don't want to increase my insulin resistance...I feel like low carb is just masking the problem really..

Bcgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Diet only
Why not just give it a Go? Everyone reacts differently and the only way to know if it’ll work for you is to be the subject.
report back, I’m super curious.
wouldnt work for me as fibre is absolutely not my freind!

IncogKeto

I have come across the following book from Amazon which advocates a high carb (plant based) diet...What's everyone's thoughts?
I think that you should buy it, read it and then tell us all about it.

I feel like low carb is just masking the problem really
For the most part, I'd agree.

I don't want to increase my insulin resistance
Do you think that you have insulin resistance and how have you come to that conclusion?
What metric would you use to determine whether what you're doing is increasing or decreasing it?
And my favourite question - what, do you believe, is the root cause of your condition?

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Jakeinhd1995

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that you should buy it, read it and then tell us all about it.

For the most part, I'd agree.

Do you think that you have insulin resistance and how have you come to that conclusion?
What metric would you use to determine whether what you're doing is increasing or decreasing it?
And my favourite question - what, do you believe, is the root cause of your condition?
So I personally think my gauge of how insulin resistant i am based on how high my blood sugar spikes after meals

The mastering diabetes plan utilizes high carbs from fruits, vegetables, and legumes ect. I've not tried it yet.. worried to try it!

I don't really know what to do, if im honest. My diet is all over the place, and my mental health is even worse! No structure to it at all.

KetoAnnie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

I am still toying with the idea of low carb...but I have come across the following book from Amazon which advocates a high carb (plant based) diet...

What's everyone's thoughts?
I'm not familiar with the book, but some people do seem to benefit from eating a good amount of fibre, polyphenols etc. If that's the way you think you'd enjoy eating and you're inspired by the book you could give it a trial and see how your Type 2 responds. Just had a glance and it seems well reviewed. If you do try it make sure you update here!

Lroberts

Hi I have bought this book after viewing the numerous online videos also the proof ( Simon hill ) who advocated a similar diet
It took a while as came from USA but
I began eating whole food plant based 4 weeks ago
My diet before was low carb under 50g
My HBA1c on diabetes diagnosis 3 years ago was 87 and I’ve controlled it well since by eating low carb. My lowest HBAIC was 44 and my highest 49
I have struggled with really bad dawn phenomenon with my morning fasting glucose reading over 7.5 most days despite being very strict with my diet which puts my numbers up
I’m type 2 andI am normal weight with BMI of 20
I’m very active
I would like to get my HBA1C down further so i tried this method
Seems very scary eating lots of fruit but I have to say that this diet is amazing
My fasting levels have reduced now to around 5.5 and I’m able to eat lots of fruit and vegetables without hardly any increase
It seems my insulin sensitivity is increasing
All processed foods / refined carbs are discouraged but I didn’t eat them before and I’ve got used to giving up meat / fish and dairy products