Mayonaise

Ineke

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
While I'm still living in The Netherlands and preparing myself for moving to the UK, I start to wonder about the food. Like mayonaise. I love Zaanse Mayonaise. It tastes wonderful, is really cheap ( 1 pound 14 per 650 ml) and it has got only 1.4 carbs per 100 gram. Is there a good alternative to be found or do I need to bring boxes and boxes of this mayonaise? :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh I loved Dutch mayo when we’ve visited, never found anything quite as good in the U.K. Sorry to say :(

Reactions: Ineke

Ineke

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh I loved Dutch mayo when we’ve visited, never found anything quite as good in the U.K. Sorry to say :(
Ah well, many things are better in the UK. The bacon, sausages, tea, even the Aldi is better!

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
While I'm still living in The Netherlands and preparing myself for moving to the UK, I start to wonder about the food. Like mayonaise. I love Zaanse Mayonaise. It tastes wonderful, is really cheap ( 1 pound 14 per 650 ml) and it has got only 1.4 carbs per 100 gram. Is there a good alternative to be found or do I need to bring boxes and boxes of this mayonaise? :)
I just ordered Primal Kitchen mayo made with avocado oil via Amazon. Not cheap but will report here if its worth it! Hoping given its brand, it has no gluten and hence no carb in it...

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One of the 'tricks' my Bamix does is to make mayonnaise - before your very eyes, so it is a good toy to have. It does look like an ordinary hand mixer - but the interchangeable blades and the additional gadgets make all the difference.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Zaanse mayonaise (or Euroshopper, it's actually the same mayonaise) is by far the best tasting mayonaise I know. Problem is, the taste doesn't come close to any 'real' or handmade or expensive mayonaises. I think you just have to stuff your suitcase when leaving. I can always send you a box when you run out :p

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
I just ordered Primal Kitchen mayo made with avocado oil via Amazon. Not cheap but will report here if its worth it! Hoping given its brand, it has no gluten and hence no carb in it...
I thought Primal Kitchen was OK, but then remembered how easy it is to make my own.