Meaty May - for those with carnivorous tendencies

M

Member496333

Breakfast today (at lunchtime) will be a raw, salt & pepper rubbed fillet, served with jalapeño-stuffed olives and sauerkraut. Possibly washed down with a glass of double cream and cocoa to boost the fat content.

Sort of carnivore :rolleyes:

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Breakfast today (at lunchtime) will be a raw, salt & pepper rubbed fillet, served with jalapeño-stuffed olives and sauerkraut. Possibly washed down with a glass of double cream and cocoa to boost the fat content.

Sort of carnivore :rolleyes:
Now I’m hungry.

Going to savage these bacon and eggs. I’m going to have to give sauerkraut a try again now my tastes have changed.

M

Member496333

Oh my goodness. Anyone thinking of trying raw steak, make sure it’s a fillet. Unbelievable!

Scrummy yummy in my tummy :woot:

D

Deleted member 308541

Anyone thinking of trying raw steak, make sure it’s a fillet. Unbelievable!
My cats year ago years ago ate bull fillet I took home from work, they liked it as well.

True carnivores the pair of them...

2y27zEk.jpg

M

Member496333

Early TMAD dinner this evening will be a raw fillet with rare lamb’s liver, flash-fried in goose fat, butter and fresh garlic for twenty seconds.

Have to say I’m slowly coming to terms with this carnivore thing. I feel even better than usual and so far I’m not missing vegetables at all. In fact it now strikes me that if you need to cook something just so it doesn’t taste awful, then you’re probably not especially optimised by nature to eat it. Spring onions, mushrooms, garlic and fresh chillis notwithstanding, I think I’m done with vegetables. No constipation issues so far, but a lot less “waste”, shall we say. I think I was using vegetables just to flesh-out meals to be honest.

Reactions: Guzzler

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early TMAD dinner this evening will be a raw fillet with rare lamb’s liver, flash-fried in goose fat, butter and fresh garlic for twenty seconds.

Have to say I’m slowly coming to terms with this carnivore thing. I feel even better than usual and so far I’m not missing vegetables at all. In fact it now strikes me that if you need to cook something just so it doesn’t taste awful, then you’re probably not especially optimised by nature to eat it. Spring onions, mushrooms, garlic and fresh chillis notwithstanding, I think I’m done with vegetables. No constipation issues so far, but a lot less “waste”, shall we say. I think I was using vegetables just to flesh-out meals to be honest.
A convert.. hallelujah!
(tongue in cheek of course)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my goodness. Anyone thinking of trying raw steak, make sure it’s a fillet. Unbelievable!

Scrummy yummy in my tummy :woot:
The Fillet Steak Diet - very popular with pensioners I believe.

M

Member496333

A convert.. hallelujah!
(tongue in cheek of course)

I’m not going to get too carried away though, and will still try to make sure that the majority of my fuel comes from dietary fat. Carnivore is a work in progress for me, but so far I’m doing well.

Reactions: Goonergal
M

Member496333

Incidentally, the reason for recommending fillet for eating raw is that the uncooked fat in other cuts is very tough and chewy. Normally I’d not use a fillet, but for eating raw it’s essential. Proper melt-in-the-mouth. Like rare steak times a hundred :D

M

Member496333

Amazing. After a week and a half of eating almost entirely eggs, meats and organs, I’m feeling so strong that I’ve had to add more weight to my dumbbells, as the previous weight was becoming too easy. This is no placebo, it’s an actual measurable improvement in performance. I’m still eating sauerkraut and olives, but in ever decreasing quantities. No vegetables to speak of. I’ve probably eaten more essential micronutrients in the last week than I’d get from a hundred kilos of vegetables.

I’ve also been increasing my glucose testing frequency through all of this, and so far everything is tip-top. For example yesterday - fasting 4.4mmol/L - before dinner 4.5mmol/L - after dinner 4.4mmol/L. Laughable!

:woot:

Reactions: Brunneria

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's very interesting @Jim Lahey
Fascinating and measurable difference. :)

My fab find at the weekend was a great stash of oxtails and ox cheeks on the Tescos butchery counter.
Snapped up their supply, and then pressure cooked them to succulence.

What is it about ox cheeks? They are... are... sublime.

So yesterday was an Ox Cheek day, which left me feeling stuffed to the gills, but completely replete. Delicious!

Rinse and repeat today, I think, plus a couple of big mugs of oxtail:wacky: bone broth.

Reactions: Member496333
M

Member496333

You haven’t lived until you’ve had a plate of raw liver and blood-soaked sauerkraut for breakfast :D

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgive me fellow carnivores for I have sinned ..... I ate half a baby tomato yesterday and gained 0.4 pounds... ****** carbs!

M

Member496333

Incidentally, too much information perhaps, but I’m definitely having less frequent bowel movements now that there’s less waste plant matter to get rid of. Also when I do go, I barely need to wipe me bum. We’re talking single-sheeters. Honestly I reckon if I was sat on the throne and realised there was no paper left, it wouldn’t really matter.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Incidentally, too much information perhaps, but I’m definitely having less frequent bowel movements now that there’s less waste plant matter to get rid of. Also when I do go, I barely need to wipe me bum. We’re talking single-sheeters. Honestly I reckon if I was sat on the throne and realised there was no paper left, it wouldn’t really matter.
Always one of my favourite subjects..
When I did all beef Jan ths year I didn't "go" for 10 days... was getting worried then realised beef leaves hardly any waste whatsoever.. raw flllet I would imagine must be almost entirely used for energy with little to no waste whatsoever..

Reactions: Member496333
M

Member496333

Where do you guys stand on mushrooms in relation to strict carnivorous adherence? I know they’re a fungi but it seems they are often considered a vegetable for the purposes of nutrition. I’m now also mindful of lectins and would like to minimise intake of those where possible. Mushrooms fried in garlic and butter are a super tasty accompaniment to meat and organs. Penny for your thoughts?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Where do you guys stand on mushrooms in relation to strict carnivorous adherence? I know they’re a fungi but it seems they are often considered a vegetable for the purposes of nutrition. I’m now also mindful of lectins and would like to minimise intake of those where possible. Mushrooms fried in garlic and butter are a super tasty accompaniment to meat and organs. Penny for your thoughts?
I eat them sometimes and quite a few carni's do as they are between animal and plant..... being neither. Depends on how strict you want to be I guess..

M

Member496333

I eat them sometimes and quite a few carni's do as they are between animal and plant..... being neither. Depends on how strict you want to be I guess..

Thanks. Can’t see me giving them up. Not yet at least. I guess these things evolve over time. It’s those pesky lectins I’m keen to avoid if possible, but...garlic butter mushrooms. Drool :hungry: