Meaty May - for those with carnivorous tendencies

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
I will definitely be eating carnivore in May- as I have been carnivore, totally plant free, (except coffee) for nearly two years now. My life and my health are so much better, I will never turn back!
ONE OF US ONE OF US!

Sorry I just had to do that! :cat:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will definitely be eating carnivore in May- as I have been carnivore, totally plant free, (except coffee) for nearly two years now. My life and my health are so much better, I will never turn back!
Do you have any dairy?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Probably stretching my experience as a T1D a bit much at present but something to ponder on!!
Do you have to catch your own ??

Reactions: zauberflote

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Sorry, just had a really nice stir fry with tinned tuna so pure carnivore is not an option.

On the subject of cream, I think I have 100-150 ml of cream in my coffee each morning.
I haven't been measuring, but I think a 300 ml pot of double cream lasted two days.
Enough fuel to ride nearly 30 miles on a push bike anyway.

Passed a very tasty looking badger in the gutter on the way but regretfully declined.
I only pick up vegetarian road kill.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
End of my day one Meaty May. My version at least

.Foods eaten, hamburger patty,Denise fish,eggs,EVOO,pecans,Danish blue cheese and Italian Parmesan cheese.

Blood glucose readings over the 14 hour observation ranged from, 89 mg/dl to 102 mg/dl ie from ca 5.0 to 5.7 m moles/l

I found that the cheese significantly brightened the food variety. Drank quite a bit of Turkish coffee, a little tea with lemon and some hibiscus tea[with sweetener]
A good day, hopefully the continuation will be in the same vein

Reactions: Chook and Goonergal

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Meant to start of here with some data for this morning.. but forgot
So start weight 208 pounds 94.35 kg
Body Fat 26.6%
Visceral fat 12%
BMI 28.2

Today's intake

Screenshot 2019-05-01 at 23.17.43.png

Sweet meaty dreams all... see you in the morning.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Forgot to post my report as well, OMAD'ed today and ended up with mainly water and black coffee today but for my meal?

Couple of skin on chicken breasts with one and a half lamb's heart and some bacon and eggs. Strangely enough at the 2 and 3 hour mark I went down from a 4.6 to a 4.4, apparently I can deal with that much protein!

Reactions: Pasha

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve opted to stick to my regular Friday weigh in so stats on Friday morning.

Food intake yesterday was lunch of bacon and eggs with a small side of grated cheese and dinner of slow cooked oxtail.

4 cups of tea with cream (80mls total).

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Food yesterday:

Scallops and prawns pan fried in brown butter with garlic and Parmesan scattered on top. The brown butter was unintentional, but I enjoyed it.
Lamb shank
LC Profiteroles

Today will be:
Homemade liver pate
Beef ribs with garlic pickle
LC profiteroles

Keto macros achieved by the butter and cream, plus beef marrow fat added to the ribs.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
End of day two of Meaty May.

Lowest BG was 5 and highest 5.7, thats very good for me.

Foods ,spicy kebabs,eggs,EVOO,butter, grilled Salmon, pecans ,cheeses coffee, lemon and herbal teas

Calories ca 1680 ,distribution of macro nutrients 1% carbs 20% protein and 79% fats.

Tomorrow may be a little more difficult as I shall attend a family wedding. Hope to maintain Meaty May discipline.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How was it cooked @Goonergal ? Slow braise, or are you a convert to Instant pot?

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ended up with a bit of a fry up tonight, bacon, eggs, some sliced pork fried up as well and then took down a can of tuna with some butter melted in. My last meal before I head up north to Newcastle for the weekend and already finding out where I can eat but as it turns out I have a broiler and mini-fridge in my hotel room.

Looks like meat is back on the menu, boys!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just polished off a lump of rump steak. sous vide for 23 hours then finished on the barbecue.. delicious with some butter melted on top.
Edit to add no pic cos it didn't last that long.. OMAD does that to you...

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Following on from World Carnivore month in January, a few of us have branded May as Meaty May, with the intention of eating carnivorously for the month.

Tagging @bulkbiker and @wiflib so they know this is here. All welcome to join.

Definitions are your own, but for me it’s any animal based produce - meat, fish, eggs, cheese, butter, a bit of cream.
Make the most of it while you can.

The house of Commons Climate Change Comittee report released today is talking about meat reduction of 18% by 2030, and an 80% reduction by 2050 as means of reducing global emissions. This is due to be discused in Parliament soon. Soon all livestock farmers will be resticted, and subsidies removed so they cease production, and then only the rich will be able to enjoy meat. We will have to make do with Veggie Burgers, Quorn and fake meats.

This will also remove daity products, and possibly eggs too.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Make the most of it while you can.

The house of Commons Climate Change Comittee report released today is talking about meat reduction of 18% by 2030, and an 80% reduction by 2050 as means of reducing global emissions. This is due to be discused in Parliament soon. Soon all livestock farmers will be resticted, and subsidies removed so they cease production, and then only the rich will be able to enjoy meat. We will have to make do with Veggie Burgers, Quorn and fake meats.

This will also remove daity products, and possibly eggs too.
Why would removing subsidies from meat and dairy farmers cause them to go bust? I though there were plenty of omnivores in parliament who may object and a definite contingent who are anti-'nanny statism'?
Hopefully somebody might try to challenge the vegan orthodoxy that all meat and dairy production is environmentally unsound AND unhealthy whereas planting vast acreage of soy, corn, wheat and rapeseed is somehow good for our soil health? Not to mention the release of carbon caused by said agricultural production that will be required to meet our protein needs if we can't eat cows anymore (we will also have to poison plenty of slugs, worms and insects but they do not seem to enjoy the same moral status as creatures with faces/mothers).