Medical bracelet

Frosty66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snow
What do you guys think yes or no to some sort of braclet to tell anyone im type2. Is it necessary and any recomendations. Im 66 widowed live on my own. My daughter lives 45mins away in kent. I am also allergic to penicillian
Thanks.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: Medical braclet

Frosty66 said:
What do you guys think yes or no to some sort of braclet to tell anyone im type2. Is it necessary and any recomendations. Im 66 widowed live on my own. My daughter lives 45mins away in kent. I am also allergic to penicillian
Thanks.

I'd be more likely to wear a medical alert for the penicillin allergy. But it can't hurt!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Frosty66 said:
Thanks.

I'd be more likely to wear a medical alert for the penicillin allergy. But it can't hurt!

Frosty66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snow

Well i can get a talisman that opens and can put in list of things. I might ask my daughter to get me one for xmas. Must admit im very allergic to penicillian. And am not on meds but just diet for type2.
Thanks i wil consider

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Stating you're type 2 would mean they will keep an eye on your BG if your unconscious.... But most paramedics would check BG regardless.

I think it's a great idea for the penicillin. Adding the T2 is a bonus. Sounds like a good Xmas present idea :)

oldmike32

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
an id braclect and medical identy card are a good idea
the braclet can tell them to see medical card for more information you can then list all your information on your medcail card.
i got mine from The ID BAND Companey

hotblack desiato

Type of diabetes
Type 2
i wear a utag , it is a small dog tag sized usb memory stick , you can wear it on a chain or as a bracelet , they carry as much info as you can ever need about your self , if it is activated it comes up immediately on the doctors or hospitals computer screen when plugged in , I started wearing one pre diabetes as I worked alone a lot , you can get them from amazon or direct from utag