Medical ID Alert Bracelets.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
So bassically do you guys wear a medical ID bracelets saying your diabetic etc...

i used to but they always got in the way as i also wear a fitbit. I've been wondering if there's any which would fit to a fitbit (I wear fitbit blaze) because then i wouldn't have to wear two things if not is their a decent cheap one that's not a bad price. and won't get in the way of cycling and helping out with horses as the horses like to nibble sometimes. . I know it's a good idea especially if your out a lot. But never really found a decent one it would be nice if there was one that could fit with a fitbit (If there is please link it) or ones that aren't to expensive since i'm a student. As currently all my medical info is on my medical ID through the health app on my iphone although that's not helpful when your mobile is dead.

Also do you guys wear one.

Reactions: SOPHIE2006
D

Deleted member 308541

So bassically do you guys wear a medical ID bracelets saying your diabetic etc...
I have a Quolll Medical ID card in security tag holder which you wear around your neck.

Here's a pix of it I put on the lock screen of my phone, I edited the QR Code out for posting on forums.

AWo9mk0.png

D

Deleted Account

I have an insulin pump very very clearly attached to me.
I don’t see any point in anything else destroying my sartorial elegance.

Reactions: porl69

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have four wristbands, I usually wear maximum of three. One of them says "Alert! T1 Diabetes", one says "Alert! Insulin dependent diabetic" and the other says "[name], Type 1 diabetic, [mum's phone number]".

EmmaJ99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was thinking of getting a medical diabetic tattoo. Does anyone think this is a good idea?

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was thinking of getting a medical diabetic tattoo. Does anyone think this is a good idea?

I personally would not want one, but I know of many diabetics who have them and like them. It's up to you, as it's your body! Have you got a particular design in mind?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Lulu9101112

I have a bracelet, but I must admit I find it irritating at times. Jangles irritatingly, rattles on the desk as I use my mouse. catches sometimes.

Have thought of getting just the 'tag' and moving it from bracelet to bracelet, but then I think it would be more difficult to be seen in an emergency. And knowing me, the day I forgot to transfer it would be the day I actually needed it!

You could try a necklace?

Alternatively, if your fitbit is one of the silicone strap ones, then a silicone alert bracelet would be soft and comfortable alongside it.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

i used to but they always got in the way as i also wear a fitbit. I've been wondering if there's any which would fit to a fitbit (I wear fitbit blaze) because then i wouldn't have to wear two things if not is their a decent cheap one that's not a bad price. and won't get in the way of cycling and helping out with horses as the horses like to nibble sometimes. . I know it's a good idea especially if your out a lot. But never really found a decent one it would be nice if there was one that could fit with a fitbit (If there is please link it) or ones that aren't to expensive since i'm a student. As currently all my medical info is on my medical ID through the health app on my iphone although that's not helpful when your mobile is dead.

Also do you guys wear one.

I would say yes, get one @Lulu9101112 it could be a possible lifesaver.

Madmaureen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes definitely wear one at all times bath shower never ever take it off I forget I even wear it.now!
Yes yes yes

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
I've been wearing one of those rubber wristband things I randomly found on Amazon a number of years ago that says "Alert!! Type 1 Diabetes Insulin Dependent" but can probably count on one hand how many times people have actually noted it.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I have a tattoo on my wrists saying Type 1 diabetic

Reactions: therower

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
I bought myself a nice solid silver one when my job had me travelling alot. Part from the odd clean it never leaves me.
it is registered with the west midland ambulance service £20 a year and has a phone number on it so all my medical info is with them and I can update simple thongs but they check with GP if new diagnosis.
bought from www.medi-tag.co.uk
it has only increased in price once in 11 years

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_0199.JPG
If you like tattoos then definitely consider it.
Remember it's an information tattoo. It has no need to be over artistic, plain and simple message.
Rod of Asclepius is recognised medical alert symbol. Some good designs on YouTube. Mine as shown is on left inner forearm.
Will it be of help one day? I don't know, but I have faith in it and that's all I can ask for.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You could try a necklace?
I bought this one. IMO it is an incredible bargain. Not quite solid silver, but nice enough, very clear lettering and arrived almost instantly.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001UYCEKE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I need it in case of an accident to warn that I am taking a NOAC. Because I thought the dose might change, or even the brand of anti-coagulant, I just put very brief info on the tag, referring the reader to the card Dabigatran supplies and asks the patient to carry. The card has info about a possible antidote and I have added info on other meds, next of kin etc. The advantage of brevity is that the lettering is correspondingly large, clear and easy to take in.

Reactions: fayemelissa

EmmaJ99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 26507
If you like tattoos then definitely consider it.
Remember it's an information tattoo. It has no need to be over artistic, plain and simple message.
Rod of Asclepius is recognised medical alert symbol. Some good designs on YouTube. Mine as shown is on left inner forearm.
Will it be of help one day? I don't know, but I have faith in it and that's all I can ask for.
Thank you x